Fram TG3593a

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I picked up a couple of these (TG3593A) filters for $1.00 each at Walmart.
This filter cross references to the Purolator 4459 which I have often used on my 2008 Elantra. As most of you know, Fram calls for a PH9688 for my application. Has anybody ran a TG3593A on a 07'-10' Elantra? Any problem? Thanks

I put one back on my friends 2015 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback that had a P1 14459 filter I'm cut and posting now. So far 0 issues sir as he already has 1,xxx miles on filter and VWB 10W30

If it's the same number as the PH and the PH number is the correct application for your vehicle than the TG equivalent will be just fine

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
If it's the same number as the PH and the PH number is the correct application for your vehicle than the TG equivalent will be just fine

Purolator, Wix etc...recommend the same filter for Hyundai's and Honda's (PH3593 cross ref) but Fram recommends the 9688 for Hyundai's (3593 for Honda's)(most likely because of supposed start up noise). I have ran both Wix and Purolator and never noticed any noise so I'm wondering if these bargain Fram's should work just as well??

Fram makes a TG9688 (and even ax XG9688). Use one of those instead
smile.gif

FWIW, the OEM Hyundai/Kia filter is a Korean Mann (parent company of Purolator and Wix, so surprising they don't make a Hyundai-specific filter)

They are pretty much interchangeable IMO.
The 3593a is .3" longer, similar bypass (3593 is 12, 3698 is 9-15), all other measurments are within about 1% of each other.

I have a few of the 3593a's (also on clearance) in my stash that I plan on using on my sisters Santa Fe.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
They are pretty much interchangeable IMO.
The 3593a is .3" longer, similar bypass (3593 is 12, 3698 is 9-15), all other measurments are within about 1% of each other.

I have a few of the 3593a's (also on clearance) in my stash that I plan on using on my sisters Santa Fe.

That's what I'm hoping....
To those who say "Use the 9688".....Obviously, if I went in to purchase a Fram for my Hyundai, I would.
I got these for $1 each and I'm thinking they would work fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back