Roofing/Siding Question - Is this Fascia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the picture below, what's this siding trim piece called, fascia or something else??

I have a brick front and siding for a townhouse and this piece seems to be getting loose.

Does it a need compressor for nails or can be done with a hammer and nails?

Also, after this windstorm around here, 2 shingle pieces are missing from the roof. How soon they should be replaced? Since, we are expecting some rain later part of this week.

Thanks for the help
thumbsup2.gif

Fascia is the part behind your gutters. It's hard to tell what I'm looking at from this angle. May want to take another pic.

As Warstud says, facia is behind the gutters.

The second pic is the same as the first. Can you take a pic from the side so we can see what that wood trim is?

Corner Board, Edge Board, Corner Trim, Corner Post...

Is it attached to studs, furring strips, or brick?

I'd try to screw it back into place, it was probably nailed to begin with.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Corner Board, Edge Board, Corner Trim, Corner Post...

Is it attached to studs, furring strips, or brick?

I'd try to screw it back into place, it was probably nailed to begin with.

Thanks, it seems to be on the brick and was told, need brick nails for it.

Is it correct? Thank you.

Originally Posted By: expat
As Warstud says, facia is behind the gutters.

The second pic is the same as the first. Can you take a pic from the side so we can see what that wood trim is?

This pict might help. Thank you.

Brick nails? I’m thinking there would be a high chance of cracking the brick. How about drilling with a masonry bit and use a anchor and screw the board to the brick?

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Brick nails? I’m thinking there would be a high chance of cracking the brick. How about drilling with a masonry bit and use a anchor and screw the board to the brick?

SO it'll be more of a masonry screw, means can be drilled and then screwed into the board, correct?

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
It looks like the channel that the siding goes into

I'm thinking the same. Looks like a J-channel.

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: PimTac

SO it'll be more of a masonry screw, means can be drilled and then screwed into the board, correct?

I am not a expert but I would think you need a anchor in the brick just like using anchors in drywall. There are soft metal ones that would be suitable.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of brick will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back