Victim of a hit & run today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went into the store for less than 10 minutes and come out to this. No note or anything. Thanks loser!

They screwed up while pulling into the spot and then backed out and drove away?

Sorry to hear that.

I'm an ASU student and was sitting in my Jeep in the parking garage waiting to leave for class. All of a sudden the car next to me starts rocking back and forth. Someone tried pulling in and did the same thing that happened to your car to the car next to me, then they pulled out and took off. I chased them down and wrote down their license plate and called ASU police and left a note for the car.

Just a word of advice for others on here: No matter how old your car is, at least keep Comprehensive insurance coverage on it. My Jeep has it with glass coverage and a $50 deductible. Costs an extra $3 a month with Geico.

Great advice Nick1994

Thanks for sharing sir
smile.gif

That sucks ... one reason I usually park way out in the parking lots and take a short walk.

Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Did you ask the store to check their camera footage? May be able to get a tag number.

It is a small country store. No video.

I do that too. I never could see the sense in driving around and around or blocking traffic waiting for a parking spot. More times than not I park on the edge of the lot and am in the store well ahead of those who are waiting for a front row spot.I am inside and they are still driving around aimlessly waiting for that front row spot.

I've been hit a couple times in parking lots but never that bad. That's some serious damage!
cry.gif

It's one of those things where thinking about it too much will poison your soul.

Stupid person with one hand on a cell phone and changing hand position on the wheel with the other as they try to jerk into the spot.
Old geezer who should've hung up the keys long ago absent mindedly hit your car and left.
Careless punk kid new to driving.

These are just three "movie characters" which will take on a life in your head if you let them.

Then, when you're getting old, they'll pop out as blind resentment etc.

It stinks to be sure.

Sorry for your car. Happened to my car 2 yrs ago at a SuperMart. Same type of hit thought not as deep and along the 2 doors. Cost $1300 to repair. Now we never park up front, even if there's a space. Always look for a spot with an open space either side of us.

Similar left rear damage occurred on our Tuscan about a month ago at a Lincoln dentist office while I was in for an appointment, filed a hit and run report with Lincoln Ne police , and they requested security camera footage, but video picture quality was very very poor and grainy and basically no help at all. It is drivable so I doubt if I will get it repaired. Our Tuscon has extensive hail damage and I do not care what it looks like as long as it gets me from a to b. Still sucks that people will not own their mistakes when they do a hit and run. The correct and proper thing to do would be report it, they are not going to be jailed for an accident... unless they were drunk. I suspect that is why many flee hit and runs.. they are drunk.

Originally Posted By: BJD78
Similar left rear damage occurred on our Tuscan about a month ago at a Lincoln dentist office while I was in for an appointment, filed a hit and run report with Lincoln Ne police , and they requested security camera footage, but video picture quality was very very poor and grainy and basically no help at all. It is drivable so I doubt if I will get it repaired. Our Tuscon has extensive hail damage and I do not care what it looks like as long as it gets me from a to b. Still sucks that people will not own their mistakes when they do a hit and run. The correct and proper thing to do would be report it, they are not going to be jailed for an accident... unless they were drunk. I suspect that is why many flee hit and runs.. they are drunk.

...or they don't have insurance or a driver's license or they're driving under suspension.

Looks like an easy enough no drama fix though. A stinger will get most of that out, finish with a hammer and dolly, it wont need much filler at all.

That doesn’t look like the usual parking scrape. They hit you fairly hard. I also would guess drunk or drugged.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
That sucks ... one reason I usually park way out in the parking lots and take a short walk.

Id agree but Ive done this alot but always come out to find a car on either side of me...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back