Lexus LS430 2004 What is the very BEST oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Oil guys!

After a very very intensive search I found my perfect LS430 from 2004 with the 3UZ-FE.

I drove the car home and took many things apart and I am trying to make it perfect.

For now I like to make my first oil change. The car has driven 100.000 km and had about every 12.000 km an oil change. (Sometimes a bit later)
Officials say that I need to put 5w30 but isnt 0w30 better because its thinner when its cold? And second, why not filling it up with 0w40? Isn't that the best allrounder?

I really want to give this car the best and dont want to have any risk of hurting my engine. I want to keep it for a very long time.

I also have big cans of both 0w40 and 5w30 MOBIL1 in my garage so I can choose whatever I want.
By the way. Is there an expiration date on oil after I opened it? I hope not because I still have many different Mobil oils in storage.

Thanks for all the advice!

Thanks for all the quick reply's guys but can you please give me some extra info why you are advising? I really want to onderstand the reasons why. There are so many different opinions.

Is this a daily driver? I'm guessing 5w-30 was specd in the manual. 0w-30 would be good as well.

What oils are available for a good price in Holland?

Why not Shell synthetic oil? They are HQ in NL right? So you get a good oil and you support your home industries.

GSLex,the Toyota/Lexus engines are not that fussy. You've got a stash of 5w30 Mobil 1 just use that, it's more than good enough for that engine. I'm sure the open oil is still good as long as it hasn't been exposed to temperature extremes or say 2 to 3 years old. You really don't need a 0w where you are, it will only help in really cold temps like -25c. I live in Canada and use 5w30 syn. Stick with the 5w30. As far as best oil goes, I believe the Amsoil SS is best but that is just an opinion. If you continue with the Mobil 1 12,000 km OCI is perfect. Make sure the PCV valve is clean or just replace if it's not too expensive, then you'll be good to go. Good luck with that beautiful Lexus !

I was told Toyota Oil is Mobil Conventional by a tech and parts guy. That is some beautiful car. The dealer I bought mine had one, it was a tough decision! I have a big RWD car so I got the GS, it is AWD.

Verbatum from the Blackstone lab FAQ section:What's the best oil to use?
Ah, the million dollar question. We are an independent lab, so we don't make recommendations. It has been our experience that oil is oil, and either petroleum or synthetic-based oil will work well for just about any engine.

Come on, you're holding out on me. I should use synthetic, right?
Buddy, you should use whatever you want. Synthetic oil won't guarantee a longer engine life any more than my eating organic food will guarantee I'll live until I'm 90. We here at Blackstone generally use regular petroleum-based oil because honestly, it works just as well for us.

If those oil engineers who examine oil as a full time job say to use whichever oil you want,synthetic or conventional, then do it. The best is very very subjective and these guys test oil full time so I trust their opinion.

Any good 5W-30 as long as it's API SL or higher. The Toyota V8s aren't that bad on oil, despite smallish(6qt) sumps compared to their BMW and Mercedes competition with 8-9L sumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back