vaoline conventional oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rember seeing on this fourm that had a picture of vavoline oil showing that it was a blend.
does anyone have it yet?
the search does not come up with it.

Well, Valvoline has DuraBlend(synthetic blend oil) & MaxLife(high mileage oil that is a blend)!
Also, most brands of conventional(dino) oils including Valvoline, in 5W20 & 5W30 have some synthetic(Group III) in them. Not so much in the 10W30 or 10W40 or others, if at all.

Here's Valvoline Conventional Oil PDS from the Valvoline Site:

https://sharena21.springcm.com/Public/Do...12-ac162d889bd1

Last edited:
Good answer Char Baby.

I'll just add that some countrie, like Oz, also have Valvoline EngineArmour which is also a syn-blend. A few years ago the EngineArmour had less Group III synthetic in it while the DuraBlend had more Group III (typically given at about 30% from enquiries made). But they upgraded the EngineArmour formula recently to be equal to the DuraBlend.

But yes, I would expect most 5W20 and 5W30 conventional oils to contain some amount of Group III base in them to pass API SN. It's just that some talk about it and others don't.

You can see Chevron Supreme say which of their grades are a syn-blend HERE

Yes, thank you.
Again, your link also shows the Chevron conventional 5W20 & 5W30 to be a synthetic blend oil but, not their other grades of conventional.

I just ordered some oil for the body shop I work at. Ordered some 5w30 "Parts Master" that is the store brand of Auto Value parts stores.
Same part number as the conventional we always ordered PN 5177, but it now says Synthetic Blend on the bottle. It is made by Ashland/Valvoline.
Would not be surprised to see the same terminology on the Valvoline white bottle oil in the future.

Yes sir Cronk its dam good oil. I use NAPA regular 5w30 oil in few friends vehicles. Cant go wrong. Once my stash of edge hm 10w40 is used up then the edge 0w40 I'll use then ill.use VWB, Maxlife blend or napa oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back