Favorite/worst things about your daily driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my 2003 Grand Marquis
Fave: size, power, leather interior
Least: rust, huge scratches in paint, fuel economy

2007 Volvo V70 base
UP: size/smoothness/comfort, safety, economy, engine reliability, transmission quality, materials quality,
DOWN: ride height low, stupid-stupid plastic headlight lenses,

2014 Durango

great motor, transmission, comfort, looks, AWD, tow package, factory upgraded stereo, very easy to change the oil, 3rd-row seating

Dislikes:
Eco-mode (I de-activate every time I drive in it), Dodge crammed the CD player inside the center console essentially filling the console and rendered it useless for storage

Last edited:
My daily driver is a '15 Altima 2.5 SV
I like it very much however it is among the most appliance-like vehicle that I've owned along with Camry's.

Quiet, Comfortable, Outward vision, MPG, CVT and more.

Dislikes:
Nissan's reputation for quality, reliability and resale value. However, quality/reliability is hit&miss and several dealers in my area discount the snot out of the Altima($7K-$9K off sticker) making the resale value moot.

My 06 Buick Lacrosse:

Favorite: ride comfort, quiet interior, leather seats, 3800, audio system, highway mileage (30ish)

Least favorite: city mileage (20ish), rust, throttle response, rear seat space

Last edited:
1999 Camry.

Favorite: easy open doors. Automatically closing doors. Cheap all around. An econobox that doesn't have a black interior.

Least favorite: Automatically closing doors. No heated mirrors. DRL's and auto-locking doors. Driver's seat starting to feel uncomfortable. Oil leak someplace.

Would have preferred a manual transmission, but in a way this 4AT is really quite easy to drive and rarely in the wrong gear. So it's wash. Might actually be "good" as I can put my seat back and not smash my shin on the dashboard--I used to do that in my Jetta a couple times per year.

2005 Renault Kangoo (cargo van, former isotherm)

PROS: cargo space, 60+ MPG, decent seating comfort, enough power, gearbox ratios suitable even at max cargo load.
CONS: tons of things to fix

My 2015 Ram. Can't really complain about anything. Great heater and a/c, goes like [censored] when you put the pedal down and gets decent fuel mileage when you drive it easy. Lots of room with the crew cab and has 4 wheel drive when I need it. Its an SXT, not the fancy loaded model but I didn't want a bunch of options that I don't need or want or to have break later on.

05 Matrix

Fave: size, economy, reliability, has aged well.
Least: power, a little noisy at times, gets a little pushed around on the hwy if it's real windy since car is narrow and tall.

2012 Camry

Fave: reliability, power, quiet, has aged very well.
Least: Seems a little too big driving around town compared to the above, cold start up noise that lasts a second, cheaper JCI battery that makes a mess. Never an issue on previous Camrys.

"001 Ford Fiesta 1.25 liter (UK spec).

For; Uses very little fuel, parks on a dime, everything still works, cheap parts available everywhere, great heating and a/c.

Against; tiny trunk, cramped rear seat.

But what do I want from a car that cost $600 three years ago and stands me in possibly $100 in repair costs?.

Claud.

My Pilot is comfortable, can haul lots of stuff, and has been reliable so far
Least liked is the wind noise above 50 mph.

09 Toyota Matrix

Pro: Reliability! One side light bulb replaced since new. That'it!
Utility.

Con: Visibility, Boring, Seat material shows watermarks with every drop of rain.

2006 Ford Explorer XLT:

Pros: Reasonably comfortable ride, about the right size for myself and equipment in back, decent 4wd system, has been reliable, and good visibility.

Cons: Poor fuel economy, low horsepower, and the parking brake release is a very long stretch to reach.

99 Camry LE
Pros: Reliable, quiet, smooth, easy to drive, cheap to own, safe, comfortable driving position, trunk space and opening size, paint quality, fit and finish, most comfortable back seat ever, and gas mileage.
Cons: The car eats away bar links, leaks oil, drivers seat is "broken in", bad performance by today's standards, engine revs too high on the highway, and the engine was made of iron, so it is front heavy, and the V6 is just as heavy.

2015 Sonata:
Pros: Comfortable and roomy inside, was dirt cheap too.
Cons: Transmission programming is a little weird, it lugs around at too low of an RPM. Oh well.
I'll do the other 2 as well
1996 Cherokee:
Pros: 4x4 capability is great, 4.0L and AW4 transmission are wonderful with plenty of power and perfect shifts, and awesome longevity
Cons: It's a bit small inside, I need to lengthen the seat frame so I fit better. It also isn't exactly cheap to maintain and get back up to snuff
2000 Camry:
Pros: Reliability. This car I'd drive across country without popping the hood first, and it's been sitting for a year! Good mpg on the highway too, mid-upper 30s.
Cons: Comfort. The seat isn't too good, it's hard and has negative lumbar support.

2016 GC SRT:

Pros: 470HP, beauty 8spd tranny, pulls like a freight train with a load behind it. Fantastic interior quality, amazing seats, great stereo...etc.

Cons: Leather dash has white stitching. You can see it reflect in the windshield sometimes, which is somewhat annoying. It creates incredible amounts of brake dust, which seems to be standard fare for anything with big brakes, but I think it may actually be worse than the M5 and the Charger, likely due to the weight.

2013 VW GTI

Pros: Broad torque curve from 1700 RPM to redline, never feels underpowered, rare full size V rated spare from the factory,
not loud when driven at high speeds unlike many small cars, handles and stops good, more reliable than I anticipated it to be

Cons: Cant/shouldn't use vanilla 5W30's, low profile tires on 18" wheels doesn't mix well with potholes, takes premium gas, I wish
the steering had more weight to it, sunglasses don't fit in the overhead sunglass compartment.

2013 LaCrosse eAssist

Pros: Comfort, quiet, fuel economy, interior space, just about everything that makes a long commute suck less.

Cons: Rear visibility, trunk space, OE tires (recently replaced with Cooper CS5, and saw a big improvement in wet and dry traction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back