Nashville visit - things to see in Spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWS

Planning a family reunion weekend in Nashville this Spring.
Don’t live there - it is centrally located so everyone travels about the same distance...
Internet searches have good ideas - looking for suggestions on “must see” vs “skip it”.
All adults, but not into bars and super loud music...
Thanks!

We were in Nashville last spring and went to Andrew Jackson's Hermitage. Very cool, would recommend. Actually, as we were just driving through, this was the only thing we did but I'd go back again. There was an audio tour that was decent.

Kind of main-stream tourist-y, but Opry Mills and the gardens and such at the Opryland hotel is really something if you haven't been.

Last edited:
Nashville Predators hockey team
thumbsup2.gif

Ryman Auditorium

The Opry is over at the Opry House for the summer, that’s also worth a tour / visit.

Look online to see who is performing, good way to catch an up and coming act, or major established one, too...

Last edited:
Check the calendar to see who is playing at the Ryman. It is not just country acts anymore. A daytime tour of the Ryman to see and hear its history.

If you are there on a Monday night go to see The Time Jumpers at 3rd and Lindsley. Get your tickets online ahead of time and get there at least two hours early (eats and drinks) because this is always the hottest ticket in Nashville. You will thank me later.

Another must see is The Station Inn, a Bluegrass/Traditional Country venue that looks like a dive bar located in the Gulch that has been in the same location for 40 years.

If you have time drive down about 20 minutes south of Nashville and visit Franklin, a quaint little town with shops and restaurants. If there at night take the walking ghost tour or during the day a history tour. Also visit the 3 Civil War era houses still standing from the Battle of Franklin, The Carnton, Carter, and Lotz Houses. Take the guided tours.

You can check out all of these on YouTube and their web sites beforehand to see if they are to your taste.

One more time: Go see The Time Jumpers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06PxCc969Xg

Lane Car Museum is an ABSOLUTE MUST.

My brother married a gal from there in 2006-wedding in neighboring Hendersonville.

Bad part was that EVERYONE ELSE just wanted to eat. That got old real fast. And believe me, I like food too....but.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back