Good android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have moto z force2 and it's so quirky it's almost a pain. I have the option for an upgrade. Any opinion on what phone to get. I'd love to get apple but Alfa obd isn't supported on there. Thoughts an opinions?

You want top of the line or something cheaper? Galaxy 9S just came out.

I upgraded from and HTC One M7 to an iPhone 6 Plus. I miss a lot of the features and customization options available with Android, but the iPhone has never let me down. While my M7 became slower and slower and exhibited glitches at it neared 2 years old, my iPhone has been noticeably less finicky. The latest iOS update has slowed it down a bit, but it works. I don't need to reset it or wait for extended periods when multiple apps are open - it just works.

I'm hoping I don't need a new phone for at least another 2-3 years.

I honestly still want to go back to an Android phone, but it's tough to do so when my wife and the majority of my family have iPhones. My mom just got an iPhone and FaceTime is much easier for them than other apps. They can literally click on our contact info and then press the FaceTime button to initiate vidcom.

It will depend on what's available through your carrier. The Samsung Galaxy line I think is offered by pretty much all carriers, not sure what your other options would be. My last 2 phones have been Samsung (S6 and S7 Edge) and have been great, although I might consider something different next time.

We have TMobile. So any of the Samsung lg and apples are available.

How much will the upgrade cost?

I posted about my early experience with the Essential PH-1, and I stand by it. If you would rather have an unlocked, you own it phone without the other junk I would say go for the Essential.

$450 up front, but Essential will finance on their site for $24/mo or $28/mo, depending on color.

It does have a few quirks, but if you want a premium phone with ZERO bloatware that get's updates monthly, not yearly.

Essential PH-1

I just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to a Huawei Mate 10 Pro. A lot of people like the Samsung, and it's a good phone with a great camera, but I came to dislike the "edge" screen because it's sensitive and it kept responding my touch along the edge of the screen when I picked it up or held it. Instead of being "cool" it was annoying.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I need a Android 8.0 or better to work with my new SONY 4K TV. Might find an LG or Sony Android.

The Essential is already on 8.1! Like I said, crazy fast updates! Second only to Pixel phones.

I've had fantastic luck with LG phones, I'm rolling with an old LG G4 right now. Got it right after they came out and haven't had a reason to get a new one. It still does everything I ask it to do.

Edit: the famed "bootloop" plagued the G4 model early on. Luckily I've avoided the problem.

Do you need cell service for your OBD Scanner? Probably not.
Idea: Keep old phone for OBD, then switch to IPhone.
I used Android for 5 years, switched to iPhone 7 Plus last year.
Can’t criticize Android, but glad I switched.

If you want an iPhone like experience on android a pixel 2 or 2 xl is the best option. I have had my Galaxy S8 since launch and I've found it to be very good as well, with samsung being especially strong in the screen performance. I am sure the S9 would serve well too.

Originally Posted By: Mantooth
I've had fantastic luck with LG phones, I'm rolling with an old LG G4 right now.

I've had an LG "K20 Plus" for about a year now, and it's been working well ... no real complaints.

Originally Posted By: SWS
Do you need cell service for your OBD Scanner? Probably not.
Idea: Keep old phone for OBD, then switch to IPhone.
I used Android for 5 years, switched to iPhone 7 Plus last year.
Can’t criticize Android, but glad I switched.

Good idea.

LG V series. If you're the kind that keeps your phone for a long while, the LG V series. Easiest phone to replace the battery on.

One thing to think about if you're considering switching from Android to an iPhone....If you have apps that you have purchased, those purchases will not transfer to an iPhone. You will have to buy new apps through Apple's App Store. If you stick with Android, you just sign in to your Google Play account and any apps you've purchased will be available to Download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back