Had to pass on the stash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart had 5qt juggs of Pennzoil HM 10w/40 on clearance for $9 and Pennzoil Euro Formula 0W/40 for $13. I almost bought them with the intention of mixing them to run in my 91 K1500 with 4.3 V6. It is spec'd for 5W/30. It has enough wear that the 40 wt won't hurt it. But, I have five 5qt containers of Havoline HM and one 5qt container of Pennzoil yellow bottle. That's enough for 3 years in my truck should I keep it that long.

I have been scrounging the WMs around here for more of the 0W-40, but they are all picked clean.

Originally Posted By: otis24
It has enough wear that the 40 wt won't hurt it.

I have a red light on the tosh-detector panel.

If it didn't have "enough wear" (admittedly, its a nice, comforting phrase) what do you think the 40 would do?

(I do hope I have "enough wear" too.)

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I have been scrounging the WMs around here for more of the 0W-40, but they are all picked clean.

Ditto
frown.gif

I never see anything great at walmart
frown.gif
Some euro 0w40 and 5w30 for 5 bucks a quart, but that's still too steep.

13 bucks 5qt Euro 0w40 picked 2 up left 3 should go back it's like leaving money on the table.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD

Doesn’t Walmart do free shipping now? Amazon has it for $21 right now too, shipped free (if you’re a Prime member).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back