Delvac 1 0W-40, CK-4 - No data on it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at a Canadian Tire store in Canada. About a month ago, they sold off the last of the Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 0W-40 that was CJ-4 rated, and got in new Delvac 1 ESP 0W-40 that says it is CK-4 rated. It now sits right beside the new CK-4 Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40.

Problem, is, I can't find info or any kind of product sheet for this new oil, so it doesn't seem to to 'exist' to either XOM, or Imperial oil. Go to the Canadian site, and there are the specs for the oil CJ-4 D1 ESP 0W-40, but not the new CK-4 stuff. Go to the US site, and there is no mention of it at all, just the 5W-40.

Reason I think this is 'interesting' and worth chasing down is that the 'old' CJ-4 0W-40 D1 only had a TBN of 7.7 - it was quite a different animal than the 5W-40, which has a TBN of 12. It was made similar to D1 Elite 222; which was a 0W-30 product with the same 7.7 TBN. They were the re-naming of XD-3. I'm curious if the new CK-4 D1 0W-40 is now a strong 12 TBN oil like the 5W-40 version.

Usually companies have TDS and MSDS sheets up pretty quick for products...but this one isn't even mentioned!

Yup, that's exactly what I wanted to find, thanks!

Just like I thought, the new CK-4 Delvac '0W' oils are now higher-TBN oils.

The 0W-30 product is gone, replaced by FE 5W-30; and now there is a CK-4 0W-40 with a TBN of 11.

...and, Delvac HDEO's are still 'S' rated!

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Looking for this?

Thanks!

I wish they would update their PDS for the CK-4 version of Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck. It's been well over a year since it's been available to the public.

Back in the day I bought a lot of Esso XD3 0W40. SA was around 1.5 and BN 12.0. A few years later Petro Canada in its pre- Suncor and Holly Frontier days introduced Duron 0W40 at almost half the price. At the time the add pack was prolly Lubrizol, but only your hairdresser knows for sure.
My Benz called for 0W40 M1, but due to cost, I switched to HDs.

That 0W40 XD-3 was awesome oil...loved it back then when the Esso oils were a made and developed in Canada product. Not sure if the lube research lab in Sarnia is even still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back