What did you do to your tractor today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the oil and filter, and then mowed the yard. Some grass is starting to get taller.

Originally Posted By: Matagonka

Complained about it's flat tire.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Matagonka

Complained about it's flat tire.

Hahaha, I forgot. Inflated the 2 flat tires as well.

I broke 2 vertebrae and blew a disc so I just had spinal fusion. It'll be 6 weeks before I'm able to do anything at all. I'm miserable...

I thought about it, but that's it... Grass is still at least a month out maybe more. Still have the battery maintainer on the riding mower and have a " to do" list for the tractor. Drain and fill the transmission/hydraulic fluid, checks the axles, and change the oil. It was almost 70 here today but I had to work...

1988 Toro Wheel Horse 310-8. Changed engine oil, air filter, transaxle gear lube, new spark plug, new fuel filter and fuel lines.

1996 John Deere GT-275. Took the snow plow off, sharpened blades on the deck and put it on the tractor.

Got a good month or so yet before grass cutting season starts. I enjoy being the first in my neighborhood to cut grass.

Last edited:
My tractor is hibernating for the winter in the shed. I won't be touching it until the spring, and I'm NOT looking forward to that day. I love the tractor, but I HATE yard work.

I don't have one, but I do the maintenace on my Mother-in-law's John Deere X475 garden tractor. Last weekend I unhitched the plow and put the 54" deck back on. Gotta replace one of the arms that holds the anti-scalping wheels on because one of the wheels went MIA near the end of last fall. Also lubed the tractor and deck pulleys with Mystik JT-6 red grease. Still have to change the oil and filter. Put on new iar filter and pre filter. And gonna get a set of new plugs for it. Still runs great, as it should. It's a 2005 with only 500 hours on it.

L8R,
Matt

Got in 2 head gaskets and commenced to tearing it apart. It was leaking oil. Found out that it also needs a crankcase gasket. Just ordered one of those as well and won’t B here for a week. All the while it rains everyday a little and the grass...well lets just say U can watch it grow! Ugh!

2005 John Deere G110 - sharpened the Gator blades for the 54" deck.
thumbsup2.gif

New head gasket installed. Cleaned the piston and valves. Also put a new spindle housing and sharpened the blades. Installed new grippier tires. No more spinning wheels up the hill.

Last edited:
Replaced the carburetor, oil, spark plug, air filter, fuel filter, and added an inline fuel shut off valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back