How close to your start time do you arrive at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
At LEAST 20 minutes early -
or I'll have to park so far away that it's a 10 minute walk!!

I'm often 1/2 hour early - I can change a flat in 10 minutes.....
so that way If I change a flat, I'm still early enough to get a good parking space.

I use the extra time to send emails/text messages/look at new baby pictures on facebook.......
or just sit and think about life.

Originally Posted By: stevejones
I'm always on time when I walk in, no matter what time I walk in.

Salaried.

I hear you. I can get as much if not more work done while at home.

I work now as Cloud Application Architect. In the last 15 years there really has never been a set time to start. Generally start working between 7-10am dependent on day.

Originally Posted By: stevejones
I'm always on time when I walk in, no matter what time I walk in.

Salaried.

Same here, usually between 6:00 and 6:20 am. The hourly workers start at about 8:00 but the company isn't strict about start/stop times. The trade-off is sometimes I don't go home until 8:00 pm and am not compensated.

One place I worked you could clock in 3 mins early or late, even as a dept. supervisor.

Work at 8 am. Out of bed at 7:30, walk in the door at 7:55. Punch in and do my morning duties on the commode. Start working around 8:15.

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, so I do my business on the boss' time.

I usually show up exactly on time, or about 5-10 minutes early.
Gives me time to get my lunch in the fridge, boot up my PC, and get my breakfast laid out.

Salaried and flex-time. I start when I get there.

I also make the coffee since I'm usually the first one in.

I arrive to the parking lot about 20 minutes early, relax in the car and have a little snack. Head in a couple minutes before the bell.

The different routines are interesting. Always 15-20 minutes early, I'm working at 5am start time. Others come out of the break room around 5.15 and get themselves going. Boss allows it so whatever. Not me, I'm paid for a 10 hour day so I work it. Don't stop 5-10 minutes early for breaks either. How I was raised and who I am. Also had my own business for 17 years and was always well early and expected my employees to be on time and work an honest day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back