Georgia joins Missouri in 303 THF ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear. They are protecting people from questionable fluid. I am sure that fluid is fine for a 1950 Farmall tractor but when you have people put it into newer transmissions and hyd systems you can run into issues. How good of stuff can it be for 17.99 for a 5 gallon pail?

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Some how I see a old man in a ancient IH dealer having this stuff on the shelves.

Nooooooo...... "303" is the old, old, old DEERE SPEC oil!!!

The reason this stuff still exists (I bought 15 gallons at $16 each bucket at Atwoods) is because it works fine in very old, "simple" hydraulic systems... like an old log splitter, or old tractor loader.

Simple gear pump -> hoses -> spool valve -> hyd cylinder -> return = this stuff is OK for it.

It definitely has the "old tractor hyd fluid smell" - it's distinctive.

That is dumb, if it is labeled 303 and it meets the 303 specs, they should be able to sell it. There is still a lot of old equipment in use down here that run just fine with that oil.

Originally Posted By: classic70
Good to hear. They are protecting people from questionable fluid. I am sure that fluid is fine for a 1950 Farmall tractor but when you have people put it into newer transmissions and hyd systems you can run into issues. How good of stuff can it be for 17.99 for a 5 gallon pail?

Another stupid case of protecting ignorant people from themselves.

Don't know what the hub bub is all about. I have been using 303 in my 9N for some time and eveything is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back