2018 Toyota Avalon Factory Fill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
Just bought the wife a new 2018 Toyota Avalon, Touring trim level (sweet ride!). I was wondering if these come with syn as factory fill now or if it is still conventional. My local dealer said oh we think it's syn, wait a minute, it is or it isn't! How can you not know, you are the dealer! Nevertheless, they couldn't say definitively, or at least the person in service I spoke with. I tried searching first but was unable to find it. Has anyone done a VOA of the Toyota syn recently? I figure the car came filled with syn but I wanted to know for certain because knowledge. Thank you in advance for all ye who are more knowledgeable than I about this particular subject!

The only 0w16 is the 4cyl Camry right?

Should be 0w20 in the V6. Synthetic all the way from the factory.

I have the 17 Avalon. The 18 is still Toyota full Syn 0w20. The six did not go 0w16. Your dealer sounds clueless. You get free changes at 10k and 20k. Make sure they use the right oil. My dealer has big signs showing they use Toyota 0w20 full syn.

I did my own change at 5k using a Toyota cartridge filter and Mobil AFE 0w20. At 10k they will do my free change with Toyota 0w20. If you go with the recommended 10k changes it is important to use full syn.

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
You get free changes at 10k and 20k. Make sure they use the right oil. My dealer has big signs showing they use Toyota 0w20 full syn.

You also get free tire rotations at 5k, 15k and 25k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back