Human crash test dummies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just look at the video without playing it.
grin.gif

You might as well, since she is nowhere to be found in the video..

It's mostly Russians, driving poorly.

I hear they drink a lot "over there".

Many people everywhere don't look. Add "Not being able to drive in the first place" to that and you got troubles.

Many people everywhere are so out of shape, they can't turn their heads.

You can se 'em driving too fast almost all the time (and I know the effect of the camera's lens).

Of the many things you can list while watching all these videos, failure to make definite moves contributes.

Stupid people is also a inescapable FACT.

Gotta go drink a 375 of vodka and drive to my mother in law's.

Gotta get me one of those cameras.

Originally Posted By: Kira
I hear they drink a lot "over there".
Many people everywhere don't look. Add "Not being able to drive in the first place" to that and you got troubles.

People over there (I'm from a neighboring country) are more stressed, more cars on the roads (with more powerful engines) comparing with 20 years ago.
The vehicles may be in good shape with yearly/by-yearly check programs.

Still, I remember a weekly 10 minutes tv program from 30+ years ago where they where trying during communist times to make people drive more safely, where they pretty much resorted to show the results (pictures or videos) of gruesome accidents.

I lost a highschool mate when he pulverized his high powered custom car at 220+km/h.
A workmate was the only fatality (passenger seat) in a car with 4 adults inside.

in one head to head crash. the suspension was bent and then he had NO control. one other thing. if a car is going to your right of left you should go to where he WAS not where he is going to. just an idea.

Originally Posted By: red7404
if a car is going to your right of left you should go to where he WAS not where he is going to. just an idea.

In those videos, you very, very often see why driver instructors say not to look at the hazard, look at where you want to go. I've seen collisions in some of those videos where the "innocent party" would have been just fine had he remained in his lane. He stares at the hazard, goes where the hazard is, and hits the thing.

You see lots of wheels coming off and u-turns in those Russian driver flicks. I've been driving over sixty five years and have never seen a wheel come off of a vehicle. And sometimes it's not just a wheel but the entire wheel assembly with axle. And quite often a "look mom I'm flying" which always end with a SPLATT.No amount of Rawleigh Salve will help those high flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back