Pic of My Wrecked Ducati from Last Yr

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my crash February 2017. Just learned of this pic yesterday. Never knew one of the 1st Responders (Vol Fire) was a co-worker's dad. He'd snapped this pic.

I still have pictures of mine somewhere but I am in no rush to find them, that was at 10 pm Aug 11 1995. My advice to you is put it away, delete it from your PC and never look at it again.
Every time I did I didn't want to ride my bike again and had nightmares for a time.

Glad you ok and keep your head up. I sold my 08 HD Road King Classic last September. Was riding out a back road just taking in the scenery. Two kids came barreling around a curve right into my lane doing about 50-55 mph in a 35 mph zone. Luckily I was going nice and slow and was able to get off the road. INSTANTLY sick in the stomach and had goosebumps up and down my whole body. I got home and my GF said I was pale as a ghost. That was the last close call for me. I went through my crotch rocket faze back in my early 20s with my CBR 900 and through my Harley Davidson stage in my 40s. Life is too short and way to many shady drivers on the road these days for to risk my life any longer on two wheels. I have a baby that I would like to see grow on a daily basis for years and years to come.

Dale

Last edited:
Glad you are OK - what happened, a mechanical failure or did you run out of talent?

UD

Originally Posted By: UncleDave
Glad you are OK - what happened, a mechanical failure or did you run out of talent?

UD

Debris on the road.....

I lost use of my left arm back in 1999 in a motorcycle accident. Totally my fault I was on a crotch rocket doing over 100 mph on a surface street, when a full size Bronco turned into a parking lot. My closure speed was so high that I couldn't do anything, the impact was so brutal that I broke the rear axle on the Bronco, and paramedics found me approximately 300 feet from POI. I had a broken neck (C1-C2 fracture) and broke every bone on my left side plus tons of internal injuries. I spent 15 days in critical intensive care and almost 9 months in the hospital, along with having countless surgeries. Fortunately I was wearing all my racing gear since I was going to meet some of my race buddies on the twisties. I loved racing 600cc SuperSport and riding the back roads I got stupid in my youth and thought I was invincible and now I have to live with the mistake I made for the rest of my life. Fortunately I really only hurt myself, I could not imagine putting my wife and daughter thru something like that (i was single at the time of my accident). I really love bikes but maturity has showed me that the only place for bikes today is on the racetrack, especially today with so many distracted drivers. Its not "if" you're going to lay it down it's "when"

I've been riding motorcycles since I was 13, and in the past 30 years of riding, I've had plenty of accidents, near misses, and other unpleasant experiences.
I still love riding, and can't wait until the weather gets more reliable for me, and my replaced left hip from a lady who failed to listen to the stop sign in front of her.

I'm sorry a bunch of you have had bad days, and called it quits.
I will keep riding for as long as I can still throw my leg over the seat, and hold the bike upright.

BC.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

UD

Debris on the road.....

As a lifelong Motorcyclist (since the age of 6, anyway) crashing because of road debris IS because of lack of talent, or inattention, or greediness.

My last get-off was due to greediness. I knew the tires were old, cold, and the road surface was cold too. I still pushed it, and low-sided.

UD

Talent deficit + chaff.

Sad to see a wrecked/totaled machine. But glad you fared better than the bike, and have moved forward with a new bike and a new outlook on riding.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Glad to see you ended up in a hospital bed and not a casket.

Accidents can happen in a blink of an eye.

Could not have said it better myself!

I will post a picture of my masterful work....cept I did my work on the race track, or I would be dead. I sold it as is off the back of the truck, never unloaded it, never rode again.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
GSXR ... 1300? i.e. Hayabusa?

Based on a few aspects particular to the bike in the pic, it's a 2002 GSXR 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back