New Walmart ST4386 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chunt
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
The price on this new Supertech is?

Less than $3

Does it have the efficiency rating on the box?

Less than $3

99% at 30 microns

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Maybe the answer to this should be obvious to me, but, did it have an ADBV?

Pictures 4 & 5

The cut of a new ST4386 was going to happen soon, and it did. First time Champ Labs has made this size I know of. I'll be buying them because USA, the longer size, and instead of Thailand DENSO. Thanks for posting, looks great. Baseplate looks pretty thick for an under $3 oil filter.

Yay thank you. I use this size too
It looks good for me i generally keep all my OCIs short
And the price is great. I may throw out this bosch workshop
I have in my stash and get one of these

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Maybe the answer to this should be obvious to me, but, did it have an ADBV?

Pictures 4 & 5

I feel foolish now...I thought that was a piece of metal!

Less than $3

99% at 30 microns

Hard to beat at that price and efficiency rating! Looks like a solid budget filter.

Looks like a nice rubber seal on the bypass valve end of the center tube ... nice touch. 99% @ 30 microns isn't horrible, but pretty easy to beat.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Looks like a nice rubber seal on the bypass valve end of the center tube ... nice touch. 99% @ 30 microns isn't horrible, but pretty easy to beat.

Yes they are pulling the little bait and switch game. My guess is it really still 95% or less at 20 Microns. People just aren't that easy if they made it past basic math and aren't just basically cheap!

Last edited:
The other thing is there is good flow space around the end caps and can. I have a Delco PF1233 I cut open once, looks the same except is the short 4967 size, and uses their specific media. I don't see a rubber seal on the Delco bypass, metal to metal as always. This one that appears red in one picture may be an optical illusion.

It is an optical illusion on the bypass seat. The raised ring is one piece of metal with a shadow on it and probably red from reflection from something. Not two pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back