How far has anyone ran the newer Champ Ecore / ST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know several, including myself, don't like nitrile ADBVs or combo valves. I just cut one of the new SuperTech ST2s open. It doesn't appear to be a bad filter, but I was wondering how many miles someone has ran this filter (or other new ecore) and had the ADBV still functioning. I would like to see this filter with a silicone ADBV. The combo valve doesn't bother me as much as the nitrile.

Just looking at it, I would trust this filter more than a MC FL-820s.

I have run at least 5 Champ PH820 anywhere from 3-5K miles. These have the old core design. I notice startup noise at about 2.5K into the OCI.

I have run 4 ACDelco PF1250 as much as 6K miles. These have the new core design. I notice startup noise at about 2.5K into the OCI.

In all cases, the filter elements look good on dissection. Pleats are straight and none are torn.

If SuperTech offered the ST2 with a separate bypass, silicone ADBV and 95% efficient @ 20 microns or better, I could get interested in that.

For now the Fram TG2 meets the criteria above.

I've run them 10K miles. Two 5K mile OCI's and when I cut it open, it looked fine. I don't make this a habit however, I have done it.

A silicon ADV will up the price of the filter, not a realistic expectation for a budget ST filter.

For Fram it makes sense, they now just have to make one ADV across all filter lines, so no real cost increase for the Extra Guard using one.

For the e-core, I would have no issue using one for a manufacturers stated interval, but I don't think I could make myself use it on an extended (ie 10,000 + mile) OCI.

I have seen a few of them handle a lot of crud with no failure.

Purepro L4651 (5000 -7000 miles on it)

full-4879-1430-4.jpg

STP S2 (unknown miles or engine):

full-4879-6967-3_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back