Status
Not open for further replies.
For: Lexus IS250 and 10 y/o DI engine 138K

Reasons: Fuel Dilution, Carbon Build up (well helps some), Burning a little oil

Present Oil: MaxLIfe 5w30...good oil, need lower NOACK and better HTHS

Next Oil: Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5w40

Anyone use this oil and have an opinion

Originally Posted By: Dennisistheman
Is it ok to use 10w30 instead of 5w20. I have a 2004 ford taurus 190000miles... run great

An 04 Taurus with 190k on it, Yes run Xw30 all day long. It will love it.

Noack will be better on the plain PP 10w30, that is if nothing changed since they dropped the claim from pds.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
What is your idea of burns a little oil?

If the smoke from the tailpipe obscures more than 2-lanes of traffic.

Originally Posted By: KevinP

Good Kevin are you the op now or just a wize ARSE!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KevinP

Good Kevin are you the op now or just a wize ARSE!

The latter.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Dennisistheman
Is it ok to use 10w30 instead of 5w20. I have a 2004 ford taurus 190000miles... run great

An 04 Taurus with 190k on it, Yes run Xw30 all day long. It will love it.

Agree. But why not not a 5W-30.

Noack is meaningless in preventing intake valves deposits. Oil is going to sleep past the valve stem seals by design. The ash content of the oil is what really matters. Pennzoil platinum euro LX makes claim to reduce inlet valve deposits. Look up the oil on Pennzoils website. VW 504/507 are what you want for intake valves deposit reduction.

With fuel dilution getting worse it may pay to look at getting the injectors cleaned.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Noack is meaningless in preventing intake valves deposits. Oil is going to sleep past the valve stem seals by design. The ash content of the oil is what really matters. Pennzoil platinum euro LX makes claim to reduce inlet valve deposits. Look up the oil on Pennzoils website. VW 504/507 are what you want for intake valves deposit reduction.

Any data backing up your claim that NOACK is meaningless in preventing intake tract deposits?

It makes sense to me that the more stable an oil is, the less will be evaporated/volatilized and drawn out through the CCV system and back into the intake.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Originally Posted By: skyactiv

Any data backing up your claim that NOACK is meaningless in preventing intake tract deposits?

It makes sense to me that the more stable an oil is, the less will be evaporated/volatilized and drawn out through the CCV system and back into the intake.

I have no data. Are there any published SAE paper(s) on it?
My opinion is that a low saps oil which has a lower ash content is more meaningful to offset deposits than a high ash content oil.
It seems many people concentrate on NOACK and totally overlook ash content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back