Logs Through the Cab ... Scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Guy was not killed, but in serious condition. One logging truck following another - LINK

Sweet Jesus!
crazy2.gif

Reminds me of a story from when my dad was a kid. There was a truck in front of them with steel pipes on it and the load got loose, the pipes went through the car and shredded the camper they were towing. They were extremely lucky nobody was killed.

I saw that on the news today. Where are you at Zee0Six. We must be close.

I try to stay away from log trucks. They creep me out.

Hope the guy makes it.

Not sure why they would allow such a hangover length without other structure. Might have helped a bit...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Not sure why they would allow such a hangover length without other structure. Might have helped a bit...

I’ve seen logs hanging way back on the trucks here and they are supposed to have a warning flag or marker attached. I don’t know if there is a maximum length law or not. That driver is very lucky if he survives which it seems he may. I’m guessing he ducked. “There but for the grace of God go I.”

The traffic is bad enough in the area since they have been doing construction there for 20 plus years now. I’m guessing it backed up down to the county line and beyond.

Looks like the 2nd driver reacted to just pull over to the left to allow enough space so the logs did not crush him. His front tires are to the left of the lane markers while the lead truck is properly in lane.Cause? Distracted driving, failed brakes, asleep at the wheel, other?

Reminds me of a story when I was young. I was at a keg party and a friend offered me a ride home. I declined because he was a little too drunk. Found out the next day that he had hit a fence and the top of a chain link fence had gone right through the passenger seat. Someone was looking out for me that night.

I grew up in the pine forests of the Gulf Coast. Logging is a huge industry there. Seems as if you’d read a story like this once or twice a year. Most people don’t follow closely, but then heavy morning fog would be the final straw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back