Does anyone have the link for the GC analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
For those of us that have been here since the GC days, you might recall that we paid Terry Dyson to take a sample of the original GC 0w30 and have it completely analyzed in order to determine what it's base oil was made from. In that report we found out it was a true PAO/ester base, along with some other great info. In the FAQ it points to that link but it's broken now as it's from the original message board. I was wondering if anyone on here has the new link that points to that report? I believe that analysis was done sometime in 2005.

It appears that the link to the thread is broken or at worst, it is gone for good, but this thread is related and has quotes from the thread you are talking about. It also has the broken link.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/754383/Re:_G.C._on_GC_-_Base_oil_anal

Thanks!
cheers3.gif
Reading that thread brings back good memories of all the great technical discussions we used to have on here. It also reminded me of what an amazing oil GC truly was!

For what it’s worth, EDGE 0W-30 and 40 are still fantastic oils. About the only ones left with a healthy slug of PAO in them... and still have a very stout add pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back