Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
https://www.oronite.com/images/spider.gif

spider.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
Is that accurate? I didn’t think they were relaxing any of the other specs
The only change is the LSPI part of the graph. The red and blue overlays are identical otherwise.

Thanks for posting wemay.

I am curious as to why the timing chain wear category is on the chart but not included as a improvement. Did they have it as a goal but were unable to come up with a solution in time?

I seem to be confused. How does oil have anything to do with Low Speed Pre Ignition? That sounds more like a engine design flaw.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
I seem to be confused. How does oil have anything to do with Low Speed Pre Ignition? That sounds more like a engine design flaw.

They found that calcium was part of the problem, hence the new formulations with lower calcium and higher magnesium. Sodium was also targeted if I recall rightly.

SN smeshN. Manufacturer specs and ACEA are what matters. API specs are for the lowest common denominator of motor oil.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Thanks for posting wemay.

I am curious as to why the timing chain wear category is on the chart but not included as a improvement. Did they have it as a goal but were unable to come up with a solution in time?

I believe d1G2 addresses timing chain. I wasn't aware SN Plus had the same goals.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Thanks Wemay, you are great at finding and sharing stuff like this.

You're most welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back