Good Info On Antifreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should all listen to this video as CRP Automotive's Pentosin Brand Director Mark Malone talks Antifreeze/Coolant

Not a bad video, however 'imo' clearly made from the Pentosin/Pentofrost point of view and based on their product offerings.

OAT AF's do not require or need an inorganic acid like silicate or phosphate to make an effective AF. Dexcool, Peak Global Lifetime and the newer FCA/Mopar OAT are examples of AFs with no inorganic acid. Afaik, Pentosin offers no similar OAT AFs.

Also missed the first time I watched, he says 'DI water is what they recommend, can use distilled but it still contains minerals'. Based on my experience, I say phooey to that. Distilled water works just fine, is readily available and inexpensive. Also what some of the vehicle manufactures recommend when doing a flush or mixing with a concentrated AF.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Not a bad video, however 'imo' clearly made from the Pentosin/Pentofrost point of view and based on their product offerings.

OAT AF's do not require or need an inorganic acid like silicate or phosphate to make an effective AF. Dexcool, Peak Global Lifetime and the newer FCA/Mopar OAT are examples of AFs with no inorganic acid. Afaik, Pentosin offers no similar OAT AFs.

Also missed the first time I watched, he says 'DI water is what they recommend, can use distilled but it still contains minerals'. Based on my experience, I say phooey to that. Distilled water works just fine, is readily available and inexpensive. Also what some of the vehicle manufactures recommend when doing a flush or mixing with a concentrated AF.

Distilled water contains minerals?!? Lol.

They must be talking some very low concentrations.

DI water when made will have a resistance of about 18MOhm. It quickly drops, not due to minerals but due to CO2 in the air.

Some say DI strips minerals, because it has none and can become slightly acidic due to carbonic acid of some sort. I don't know the truth.

But I do know if it's distilled properly, the mineral,content should be minuscule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back