F1 to finally do live streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't look like it'll be here, at least not yet, but I can watch streaming through my ordinary satellite package. I'm sure between Bernie, Sky, and our TSN, there's a pretty tight deal to keep streaming out for the time being.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I can live with paid streaming. Considering the depth of their video library, perhaps they should go beyond just streaming what's running at the moment.

It'd be interesting. I saw a great interview with the director of "Senna" and the time he spent trawling through Bernies personal archive for footage.
You wonder how much the F1 corporation actually keeps given the number of cameras and the hours of raw footage over a race weekend.

I must say the idea of being able to live stream any of the in-car cameras on demand raised my eyebrows.
It'll be interesting to see the full list of territories at launch, and how they plan to expand that (I assume as regional deals are up for re-negotiation/renewal).

I can stream it from my provider also, but I'd much rather sit and watch it on the big screen since it is exactly the same feed. It does make it nice to watch a race from a hotel room when I'm away for work.
I'd also much rather not be paying some $900/yr for the ability to do that and the privilege of being force fed adds.

I just read that it will have some historical stuff on it. Maybe they need to allow that in countries like Canada and just nix the live streaming of FP2, qualification, and the race. Or, do like some networks do and let you prove you have a legitimate subscription with a TV provider, too.

On Autosport, there's a premium article today about how much data they accumulate on a weekend. It's large, between video, telemetry, radio, and so forth, with 80 cameras at Interlagos alone.

The price is supposed to be around the $100 per year equivalent in local currency. It could be a good add on to ordinary coverage, too. Bernie-Vision, as it were, post-Bernie. He was ahead of his time, at least some of the time.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back