The weather tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather report for the east coast and west coast reads like a sci-fi weather movie,,,stay home if u live in those areas...if you can..

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx

A little snowy around the Motor City ...
27.gif

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
No need to dramatize the weather.

Party pooper.

We are talking about large areas. Besides the weather people do their best to dramatize the weather as it is.

On the way to visit with Mum, I drove by the edge of Duxbury Bay. Moon tide covered the marsh. 3 more of these with a nor'easter piling the ocean up on top. They'll be boating on the Brant Rock Esplanade this Saturday. East Coast is mostly barrier beach from Portsmouth to Miami. Structures built upon barrier beaches should be considered temporary. They aren't, whole neighborhoods have been built on them. Most started out as summer houses that have been updated to year round. WBZ the CBS Boston station has a radar in the center of the state. They can tell to the minute when a front will pass over a certain point. They're predicting 3" of rain over 24 hrs, plus winds. When I was a kid, this would've been wet snow. Now it is rain.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Northern OH looks like they're getting lit up pretty good. Fortunately just far enough south to miss it here!

Yes sir indeed, this afternoon was very strong winds and heavy rain. Now it's a few inches of snow and slush. Thank goodness for decent tires. Whew! I was white knuckle driving last year but all is fine with the Nokians plowing through the white stuff.

30mph winds with gusts over 45mph

had flooding, many yards are lakes, Interstate had 1"+ on them in places leading to bad hydroplaning.

Drove 100 miles in it.

When I got home it switched over to giant snowflakes,ice balls, small hail, and partially frozen rain.

It was like getting sandblasted in the face at 40mph+ gusts.

Pretty extreme.. been almost 60f during the day the last few days, now below freezing. getting upto 5" of snow tonight.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
I came out wet when born -- I am not afraid of some rain here in Pennsylvania.

Since when is PA a coastal state?
27.gif

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Please.

Talk to the people who have lived 50+ years in these areas. It's just another day.

Exactly. But the 24 hour news folks have to have something to talk about.

We also have a winter storm rolling through in Alberta and BC. I’m waiting it out until Saturday and then will be driving the pass between Banff and Radium BC. I do this drive every two weeks. Spectacular views, some 8 degree sections and lots of curves. Not fun on ice.

They forecast we were going to get up to 8 inches of snow last night but we only got 1. But we just happened to be on the edge of the storm, because just a half hour away from us ended up getting that 8 inches, and an hour away got as much as 12.

The noon high tide was the 3rd highest ever recorded for Boston. The midnight high tide is predicted to be higher due to the on shore wind. 75 mph been recorded on the Cape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back