Found Some Treasure Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday I was up on top of one of my Cat 3516s at work looking to see which cylinder was slobbering a little wetstack. While up there, I spotted a Snap On screwdriver laying on top of the engine between the aftercooler and the exhaust manifold. I needed a magnet to get it since my hand wouldn't fit in there.
I found it very interesting how it melted flat on the bottom and bubbled on the top facing the exhaust manifold. The other cool factoid to me, anyway was that it had to be there from the factory. It has yellow overspray on it and it isn't mine because my screwdrivers have orange handles.
I decided to let it live in my tool box as is. I have a drawer of screwdrivers. Kind of a neat keepsake.
Also, what kind of an animal drills a snap on screwdriver to hang on pegboard?

Last edited:
Interesting find.

Once in a while I'd be at the Hardware Store and find a machine screw without the slot cut into it.
I'd give it to the store employee and they would put it in a container labeled Orphanes.

Maybe you could do the same thing.

“Also, what kind of an animal drills a snap on screwdriver to hang on pegboard?”

The kind of animal that has nails instead of a pegboard.

The kind of animal that works assembly lines and it's prolly a CAT tool left from assembly. Maybe he wanted a new one, so just let it "stay" with the motor and went to the tool room to get another
laugh.gif

I forgot to mention that those engines were delivered to this site in 2003. Engine has 419 hours on it. That handle endured 419 hours of intense heat. I only run these engines loaded.

Q: "...what kind of an animal drills a snap on screwdriver to hang on pegboard?"
A#1: The kind who didn't pay for the tool.
A#2: The kind who doesn't capitalize Snap-On.
Flame suit on.

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer

Also, what kind of an animal drills a snap on screwdriver to hang on pegboard?

Caterpillar

Originally Posted By: madeej11
Hope you didn't put the whammy on that piece of equipment now that you've removed the "rabbits foot"!

Now that I think about it, this particular genset is number four of four. It's the only one of the four that got an injector, a new generator coupling, a new turbocharger oil return line, a new oil cooler O ring (was leaking coolant) and a new block heater inlet fitting. The other three are completely original except for belts. Huh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back