Wynns cleaners with PEA - which one to buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a gift voucher and wondering which of these 2 to buy (only products I could find with PEA in).
Wynns Catalytic Converter Cleaner is twice the price of the Injection Cleaner Extreme, so I can get 4 bottles of Extreme or 2 bottles of Catalytic Convertor Cleaner.

Wynns Catalytic Converter Cleaner
hydrocarbons, C10-C13, n-alkanes, isoalkanes, cyclics, aromatics (2-25%) 50-75%
2-butoxyethanol 10-25%
2-ethylhexan-1-ol 10-25%
xylene 10-25%
polyetheramine 5-10%
Di-tert-butyl peroxide 2.5-5%
Kerosine (petroleum), hydrodesulfurized 0.1-1%

Wynns Injector Cleaner extreme
hydrocarbons, C10-C13, n-alkanes, isoalkanes, cyclics, aromatics (2-25%) 75-90%
polyetheramine 10-25%
4-methylpentan-2-ol 5-10%

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Looks like the Extreme is likely to have more PEA...given that it's also cheaper, I'd definitely go Extreme.

Ditto

If you're attempting to clean out your CAT then the first one listed is the way to go.

For general fuel system cleaning the second one listed would be appropriate.

If you have a high mileage vehicle go with the CAT cleaner and then use the injector cleaner once a month.

I noticed the first one has 10-25% xylene. How much cleaning of the cat and fuel injectors would xylene by itself accomplish?

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
2 bottles extreme and 1 cat cleaner lol.. per MolaKule's comment!

This sounds a plan
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I noticed the first one has 10-25% xylene. How much cleaning of the cat and fuel injectors would xylene by itself accomplish?

Be interested about this too...

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
If you're attempting to clean out your CAT then the first one listed is the way to go.

For general fuel system cleaning the second one listed would be appropriate.

If you have a high mileage vehicle go with the CAT cleaner and then use the injector cleaner once a month.

Cheers, BTW I mostly run Shell fuel, I avoid supermarket fuel. Car is nearly 13 years old with 100k on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back