And They Only Want Cops To Have Guns ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the full video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_al0rp9f3Vo

** (Disclaimer: This video content is intended for educational and informational purposes only) **
San Francisco police on Tuesday released new officer body camera video of a chaotic officer-involved shooting that resulted in no injuries earlier this month. The footage shows officers in a shootout with a homicide suspect inside an RV on a city street Feb. 17. Seven officers fired 65 rounds after suspect Joel Armstrong fired two shots from inside the RV, police said. Police recovered a gun from inside the RV. No one was hurt. Police were looking for Armstrong, 31, in connection with an earlier deadly shooting and carjacking in the Panhandle neighborhood. They found the stolen truck parked by the RV at De Haro and Alameda, an area filled with people living in vehicles and tents. After a two-hour standoff, shots were fired. Nearby residents say they would like to see the area cleaned up. "I know it's bad to have assumptions about homeless, but they scare me," Olivia Yang said. At a community meeting Tuesday night, the police department told the community it will continue to work with city partners to address the homeless issue. Armstrong has been charged with murder and eight counts of attempted murder.

Originally Posted By: billt460
I'm assuming all of these guys were, "Professionally Trained".

How many of them are war vets? (possibly with PTSD)...

27.gif

Aaaand I am not guessing...but that is/was common practice here on balkan...with not necessarily good results...

I'd hate to be down the street from these guys. Almost comical watching them trip all over themselves firing away.

Should the cops only have fired back 2 shots since the perp only fired 2 shots? Equal shot volleys? Anyone should realize that if there are 7 officers with guns ready to go and they get fired upon that they are all going to start shooting. Dude in the RV was looking for a "suicide by cop" outcome.

And the gals "puppy" was lucky to not be riddled with gun fire as it came at the cops in a vicious manner. I was surprised there was restraint there.

This thread is unlikely to go anywhere good. Beyond that, its not clear to me that an armed citizen would have any involvement with such a situation, so "only" cops would have guns in this situation (besides the perp). Given comments such as calling people idiots, Im going to lock this before it gets out of hand.

It does seem silly to fire upon an RV with no resolution of where the person is inside. It creates much higher risks to others than is necessary, but thats a matter for police and their training methodologies to discuss, it will not be resolved here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back