your driving shoes and gloves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi BITOGers,

What are your preferred driving shoes or gloves?
Short/intense (cough cough) distance or long distance?

For long distance I favor some Stag work shoes with thin sole: just the right input to the pedals, my feet do not go numb, and no blisters(yup I had shoes do heel or mid-foot blisters while driving). Need them with AC in hot weather.
For gloves I had a pair 6 years ago, but lost one when somebody broke into my Elantra to steal couple change, my chewing gum and one glove.
I'm still mad. I loved those gloves...

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
...let's see.....steel toed work boots and leather work gloves.
Try using heavy duty boots while driving stick. Near impossible in a Volkswagen. You go to press the clutch, next thing you know, your in a brake skid.

I can imagine....my work ride is fortunately AT....driving a few feet, jumping out moving, clearing lifting stuff, then jumping back in....one thing I LOVE about those Fords is that grab handle, a back saver getting in and out. GM doesn't have that.

All my driving shoes have been Puma for several years now. No other brand has been as consistently good for me.

I've had a couple of pairs of the old Future Cat Super LT. SUPER lightweight, coarse mesh upper, extremely breathable. I wear them until they start disintegrating, then wear them a bit more. Only have one pair left and Puma hasn't made all-mesh ones for a while now, so this one will have to be pried from my cold dead hands. By far my favorite driving shoe, especially for warm weather.

Everything else has been a Drift Cat or Future Cat variant. Always have multiple pairs around. Leather for rainy days, suede for when I have to care how I look when I get out of my car, old mesh ones for any other time. All of them are light, narrow, thin-soled, and durable. The leather ones are a bit stiff for my taste, but the suede ones are great and the mesh ones are perfect.

I hate that they don't make the all-mesh ones any more. If they come back, I'm buying multiple pairs.

Always open to other suggestions as I'd rather not be brand loyal. Until then, can't argue with success.

Crocs (or cheapo Chinese knockoffs thereof), but I drive barefoot, so the Crocs are easy to put on when I get out.

I don't wear gloves. If I've forgotten to cover the steering wheel and it is too hot to use, I put a wet towel over it until it cools a bit.

Converse boots are my favourite, hold my heel very comfortable; doing 2 back to back days of trackday driving or 500 mile drive to Paris.
Gloves, never felt to need to wear driving.

I spent my youth up to age 18 in Cowboy country, my dad worked in Fargo ND for dept of Ag and then later Cheyenne WY, so I grew up wearing cowboy boots, still prefer boots over shoes for driving. I hate lace up boots, wore Army boots for almost 36 years and have had my fill of them. Now retired, the last thing I want to wear are lace up boots. gloves only in winter and then only until the vehicle interior warms up. Cowboy boots and no gloves for me.

Shoes with a thin-ish sole. I have a pair of sketchers memory foam shoes that are quite comfortable. If I have boots on or anything with a thick sole, im uncomfortable and makes driving risky. I guess my shoes being size 16 is part of the reason, the other being my size and the car I drive not being very big.

Piloti or Puma driving shoes. I've bought(and received as gifts) several kinds and pairs of the leather driving gloves BMW sells; I wear them in the winter and when I'm on the track.

People wear gloves to drive?

I've also never thought about wearing anything other than my regular shoes to drive either?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

People live in area where there is a magic white stuff (reindeer and stuff and hohoho) on the ground which also brings enough cold to stick/glue your hands to the wheel...

The bulky winter gloves may not be adequate or be down-right dangerous because of grip problems....

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

People live in area where there is a magic white stuff (reindeer and stuff and hohoho) on the ground which also brings enough cold to stick/glue your hands to the wheel...

The bulky winter gloves may not be adequate or be down-right dangerous because of grip problems....
crackmeup2.gif
Oh.

Gloves, never. Since I only buy shoes when I have worn a pair completely out, I wear whatever I now have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back