inspection camera / borescope recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your favorite inspection camera/borescope, any recommendations that are a good balance of quality and price?

EDIT: sorry, this should have been in the "tool time" forum but I can't move or delete it.

Last edited:
I picked up an Ebay camera USB output, plug into computer, v cheap, worked, but goose neck
very limp, had to add a flexi sleeve to keep it pointing the right way! Still worth it!

A couple few months ago I purchased GOODAN from amazon. It worked great with my android phone. I switched to the new Apple X and it doesn't work. As of a couple months ago, I was unable to find a website or phone number for the manufacturer and the camera was shipped from China I believe. There was a business card with an e-mail address and no one ever responded. I took some nice pics inside my engine and posted them on BITOG. It came with it's own case and worked off of wifi. I used it for 30 minutes with no problems.

One month ago I drained my oil and wanted to take pics of my oil pan and it no longer works. Made very cheap, but when it worked it was great on Android. Good hunting!

I'm looking to purchase another one myself. Keep us updated on your decision and after action report!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

I also have one of those WiFi "endoscope" $40 units. It's rather clunky, and there is no way it's 2MP.

The problem really is the big video head. It won't fit inside a curved pipe, for example.

You really are better off getting a unit with a 3mm or 4mm flexible end.

I recently needed to inspect inside the airconditioning muffler (high pressure side) for my F150. The video head would easily fit, but can't turn the corner. So I was never able to determine if there was debris inside.

Pic taken from a $5 scope usb connected to my tablet. I was looking at the piston deposits and ports of an old weedeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back