Rigid lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about adding some driving lights to my truck looking at Rigid or Hellla? Hellla's are lower cost but I hear good things about Rigid lighting anyone own either brand?

Rigid, made in the USA, "how to choose an optic" webpage really handy. Hella is made in Germany or Asia(optilux). I would choose Rigid.

My Hella Light bar and 500's are good, but looking at Rigid website, I would choose those. I get my Hellas from Rallylights.com Glass lenses.

The one thing I found is Rigid claims their "polycarbonate lenses that will not yellow" on the bogus side of fake news! All plastic lenses will yellow, then I guess you can use that Warranty and get a free set?

The Rigids look great and I would be SURE to use tamper resistant bolts.

Last edited:
I just installed (today) a set of Rigid D-Series fog lights in my 09 F150 (DOT legal fogs) . And just got back from a test drive.

They are quite well made, and have a perfect beam pattern. They claim to be 1750 raw lumens each. Clearly, they are brighter than my low beams, and have a much wider pattern. But, due to the awesome cutoff, they don't bother oncoming drivers.

In any case, I'm not one of those guys who claim "purchase what I did, it's great". The one's I purchased are Fog lights, and they are the best fog's I've ever had. Better even than the PIAA's they replaced.

Happy with the quality and the light.

Their lights are made in the USA. I own some stuff from them. They are worth the money if you really want some good light output. The cheap stuff doesn't even come close to Rigid. Yes, other brands will make claims of similar output but when you've used them all Rigid is going to be the best.

I have the following,
E Series Pro 30"
E Series 20"
1 Set of D2 Pro
3 Sets of D2

I ride offroad with give or take 50 different machines including my own. We ride alot at night and everybody has different setups for the most part.

If you want to spend money I would look at Rigid and Baja Designs...but also look at Black Oak. Rigid still has a good name but Black Oak has some very nice stuff. Baja Designs are for the guy thats very serious.

Saying all that slot of us including me are running Auxbeam and Nilight.

So if someone gave me money to buy lights today i would go with Black Oak.

If im using my own money- Auxbeam or Nilight do all that i ask of them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back