Why no love for QS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive run QS high mileage 5w-20 now since about 70k miles and the Highlander2.4 has 93k miles
I started using the syn blend QS at about 40k because the engine seems to like QS better than Valvoline reg oil for almost the same price.
I never see QS Talked about in forum....

Fellow Quaker State User chiming in....
I'm using QSUD in my truck currently and plan to use it in my 2016 Civic.
I have two 5 qt jugs of QSUD 0W-20 waiting for the next couple of OCIs.
I like it and I like the price I've been finding the 5 qt jugs of the full synthetic , $15.00 .
So I'm buying all I can right now for that price.

Before my last OIC I was running QSUD 5w-30 oh and yes they did have a rebate that ran out in December I believe and they are cheaper at their everyday price than Valvoline is on sale.

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
Qs was all the rage when advanced auto had the clearance. You could get 5qt QSUD synthetic for $8.

Or QS HM and QS AD for $1.25/jug. I'll be running it for a while now in the Highlander.

Sam

Last edited:
Valvoline was conventional oil.....5w-20 QS is syn blend....Highlander is a 4 cyl....it runs quieter and smoother.....even my wife noticed the diff which shocked me.

QSGB and a Purolator Classic was my go to combination back in high school. Bought it because that's what dad always bought.

It's a name brand oil just above store brand prices. It's good stuff!

Last edited:
I only buy oils that are owned by American companies. Qs and Pennzoil are inferior products to Mobil or Valvoline and are owned by a Dutch-British company, meaning their profits don't end up here in America. My two cents.

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
I only buy oils that are owned by American companies. Qs and Pennzoil are inferior products to Mobil or Valvoline and are owned by a Dutch-British company, meaning their profits don't end up here in America. My two cents.

LOL you must not buy anything from your local hardware store its 90% made in China!

I picked up enough QSUD to do three oil changes at the last Advanced Auto close out and I am on my last change of 10w30 in my Nissan Pathfinder and all seems fine my truck runs real smooth on this oil not much different then several other more expensive synthetic oils I have run. I think I will run it from now on in my truck if the price stays low.

I ran QSUD in my wife's Santa Fe, my old mustang, and my old F150. I never had an issue with it, but the grade I needed would commonly be out of stock at wal mart when I'd be ready to change the oil. Since them the wife's Santa Fe and my newer F150 have been on Magnatec due to good UOA shown from similar vehicles, price, and being in stock.

I believe most if not all oils say made from domestic and imported oils. Mobil Valvoline may be US owned but one way or another some of the profits still goes overseas. QS and Pennzoil use domestic (US) oil and imported also. I do use QSUD.

Last edited:
QS gets plenty love here. I don't think there's a lack of appreciation for it's add pack and excellent UOAs.

Or watch TV....most "American cars" all have china parts etc.....the last "American car" was the SL Saturns....were 90 percent USA made.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
To me because they never had a rebate.

They had a rebate all year in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back