what think you about Delo ```

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: valley_ranch
Delo once was thought of as very good oil ~ more so by ~ people who ran Bypass Filters ``` Has it dropped from favor ~ do you use it ~ would you use it ~ why,~ why not ```

Richard

Do you use it?

I'd say it's just as good as Rotella wouldn't you :^)

At my job I was given a 55 gal drum of it for free. I run it in everything but my own Jeep. I like it just fine though I might be a little biased because it was free.

For use in what? Since this is posted in the gasoline section I will assume that you are no using in what it is really intended for--a diesel. I use it in my 2015 Powerstroke and it is every bit as good as Rotella or Delvac.

Yes ~ for use in gas engine ~ No ~ at this time I don't use Delo ``` But I am looking for an oil to use in all our gas driven engines ~ and ~ stock only one engine oil ~ except for the tractors ``` Delo can be had at a decent price and thinking of stocking up ~ I like Rotella for the tractor ~ it has no catalytic converter ```

Richard

Originally Posted By: valley_ranch
Yes ~ for use in gas engine ~ No ~ at this time I don't use Delo ``` But I am looking for an oil to use in all our gas driven engines ~ and ~ stock only one engine oil ~ except for the tractors ``` Delo can be had at a decent price and thinking of stocking up ~ I like Rotella for the tractor ~ it has no catalytic converter ```

Richard

Drop the tilde, fix your signature to something non-political and run the delo in your fleet. It will be fine

I work for a Chevron jobber, we sell close a million gallons a year, actually on Monday I picked up 2500 gallons of it at the refinery in Richmond. I think delo, shell and mobil are the most popular HD oils.

Do you know what delo stands for?

Originally Posted By: Bullwinkle007
I work for a Chevron jobber, we sell close a million gallons a year, actually on Monday I picked up 2500 gallons of it at the refinery in Richmond. I think delo, shell and mobil are the most popular HD oils.

Diesel Engine Lubricating Oil?

Originally Posted By: biggusblockus

Diesel Engine Lubricating Oil?
yes. The term came from the us military, back in the day. Chevron kept it

Truth is in the eye of the beholder nowadays.

Delo is a great oil I'm sure. Just like Rotella and Mobil Delvac are as well.

Last edited:
I am using DELO in my R1, and used it in the HD last summer as well. Nothing wrong with that oil, that is until they changed the formulation. The thing wrong with the current formulation is the speculation around it. That said, I'm part of it, and will not use CK4/SN stuff until I have seen evidence that the new low P/B -Mo (not to mention lost approvals) stuff works well. They have made a bold statement right on the bottle how it is so much better, and in this sue happy time surely they think of that. Still, I am stuck in my ignorance, and do not want to use it until I know they have substituted unicorn blood for the lowered ZDDP and boron, and the lost moly.
Read and speculate.
CJ4 VOA
CK4 VOA
CK4 PDS
CJ4 PDS

Due to politics in Cali, Valvoline VR-1 is not readily available any longer... I had always used Delo 400 in the trucks and tractors - for decades. Now I use Delo 400 15W-30 SD (severe duty) as my break-in oil for rebuilds and non-desert 4-cycle bike engines (desert bikes get 5W-40).

It's Cali so I don't much care about the cold start viscosity. More about the add pak and the base oils. Delo 400 has been in my big Bronco for well over 200,000 miles and still going strong. It's prolly the best mixed fleet oil readily available (to me).

Delvac and Rotella are fine, and I have used them in some applications. But my fall-back oil is always Delo
smile.gif

And yes, I own stock in XOM, still does not make me a M1 fan boy ...

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Due to politics in Cali, Valvoline VR-1 is not readily available any longer... I had always used Delo 400 in the trucks and tractors - for decades. Now I use Delo 400 15W-30 SD (severe duty) as my break-in oil for rebuilds and non-desert 4-cycle bike engines (desert bikes get 5W-40).

It's Cali so I don't much care about the cold start viscosity. More about the add pak and the base oils. Delo 400 has been in my big Bronco for well over 200,000 miles and still going strong. It's prolly the best mixed fleet oil readily available (to me).

Delvac and Rotella are fine, and I have used them in some applications. But my fall-back oil is always Delo
smile.gif

I live in northern California, my local Napa has vr1, and you could also order on Amazon

DELO is great oil. That being said any HDEO from the quality companies will give equal results.

DELO is great oil possibly the top of the heap. That being said any HDEO from the quality companies will give equal results.

smile.gif

I live in northern California, my local Napa has vr1, and you could also order on Amazon

I tried to order through Amazon - they cancelled the order. I tried through eBay - no deliveries to Cali. I tried through my local parts store - no dice.

I'll come over to your store next time I'm up that way and get some. Or you can send me a case
laugh.gif

smile.gif

I tried to order through Amazon - they cancelled the order. I tried through eBay - no deliveries to Cali. I tried through my local parts store - no dice.

I'll come over to your store next time I'm up that way and get some. Or you can send me a case
laugh.gif

Time for a quick out of state trip. Hopefully the CA border inspectors don’t get suspicious.

smile.gif

laugh.gif

Good God, sounds like ordering liqueur into Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back