Why is 5qt Motorcraft 5w20 oil hard to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be able to get the 5 quart jugs of Motorcraft 5w20 synthetic blend oil at Walmart for about $19, and also on Amazon for about the same. It was a great deal! Anyway, now it seems it's never in stock at Walmart, and Amazon has jacked the price to about $30. Is there a shortage of it, or is it not popular anymore? I should have bought more years ago when it was always available I guess. I can get the quart bottles, but it costs more. The quart jug was great.
Does anyone know of any news about Motorcraft oil? Thanks!

Motor craft oil I believe is bottled by ConocoPhillips, their oil is sold as Kendall. I remember seeing motor craft only in qt bottles at walmart. Walmart in CA, I've never seen Kendall either.

Actually, I was getting the 5 quart jugs at multiple Walmarts in California, but now they are never in stock. I just checked and I can get a 5 quart jug locally here in Southern California at O'Reillys for $29, but I was getting it at Walmart for $19. Maybe Walmart can't get it anymore?
So it's not just getting it, but getting it for the deal price of $19 bucks for the 5 quart jug...

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
I’m gonna go with: because Kalifornia. Some new law would be my guess.

hmmm... could be. I'll check a Nevada zip code and see if they have it.

edit - I checked Nevada and Washington state and it's not available there either, or online. Looks like Walmart just doesn't have it, but the local auto parts store does... for 50% more in price.

Last edited:
Three and a half dollars a quart in bulk at the local Ford dealers. Whatever you drive you can take it to the quick lane and they will do a good job.

I used to get it for 12.44 for 5qt jug at Willie Mart. It used to transform the Vtec V6 in the Accord into a beast.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
If you can find Trop Artic or Phillips Shield it is the same product essentially.

Good point. Sams Club used to carry TropArtic 5W20 in 12qt cases for $30 (around there). I bought a few cases back when it was this cheap.

At my local WM there is always an abundant supply of this oil.
thumbsup2.gif

Can you find Union 76 quarts?

Same brewer and close (or identical) add packs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: selfmechanik
I used to be able to get the 5 quart jugs of Motorcraft 5w20 synthetic blend oil at Walmart for about $19, and also on Amazon for about the same. It was a great deal! Anyway, now it seems it's never in stock at Walmart, and Amazon has jacked the price to about $30. Is there a shortage of it, or is it not popular anymore? I should have bought more years ago when it was always available I guess. I can get the quart bottles, but it costs more. The quart jug was great.
Does anyone know of any news about Motorcraft oil? Thanks!

All you need to do is find out what day new oil shipments are restocked on Walmart shelves. Get there same day.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
The Walmart near me in Buckeye (Phoenix), AZ has 5qt jugs of it in good quantities.. Under $20.

In your case, if you can't find one close enough to send it to you, you might consider this as an alternative:

Havoline HM Synthetic Blend 5w-20 5qt Jug - $15 on Amazon

Maybe the Walmart website is broken. I checked the zipcode for Buckeye (85326) and Walmart says there is none in stock within 50 miles, but you say there is plenty. I've been relying on the website instead of going to the "local" store which is 30 miles away. Maybe they do have it now. Last time they didn't.
As for shipping or pickup which someone else mentioned, the website says those options are not available.
Thanks for all the replies and reports!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back