Need floor jack that can use Pinch Weld adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have one of these Pinch Weld Adapters and need it when lifting any of my three cars, as well as my son's car.

1505.jpg

This adapter fits by removing the steel cup on my old jack and placing the pin in the mounting hole for the cup. It seems that all current jacks use a rubber lifting pad that is not removable, thus no mounting pin hole for the Body Pinch Weld Adapter.

Any good, and affordable, jack recommendations for a D-I-Y'er that allows use of a pinch weld adapter/protector?

Thanks,

Last edited:
you just need a jack with an adjustable height they are screw in and removable

This kind may not work
62584_zzz_alt4_500.jpg

the screw in kind will.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Hockey puck with a slot. Or what i do. A piece of oak with a slot cut across the grain.

Or, the best idea yet, use a wooden hockey puck!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: MI_Roger
Ok, I have one of these Pinch Weld Adapters and need it when lifting any of my three cars, as well as my son's car.

1505.jpg

This adapter fits by removing the steel cup on my old jack and placing the pin in the mounting hole for the cup. It seems that all current jacks use a rubber lifting pad that is not removable, thus no mounting pin hole for the Body Pinch Weld Adapter.

Any good, and affordable, jack recommendations for a D-I-Y'er that allows use of a pinch weld adapter/protector?

Thanks,

If you go to a shop they will lift by the flat part of the arm on their lift. It will hit the bottom edge of the pinch weld.

If you use the vehicle jack, you may find out it lifts on either side of the pinch weld but only uses the pinch weld to hold the jack from shifting. Thats the way it is on my Subaru.

Or use a lift spot on the vehicle that is made for a floor jack.

Don’t all the jacks tend to have that small center locator hole that the cradle sits in? I would think they’re all pretty generic. My chosen method nowadays is a block of 6 inches worth of 2 x 4 which I wrapped a piece of steel around most of the way and screwed on. That’s the only way to keep it from splitting. I prefer the wood to something like that simply because you’re not scraping the paint off of that metal to metal contact on nothing but sheet metal. If I was going to use one of those I get some old carpet and stuff it in that crack and let it hang out both sides.

It’s funny all these years I’ve managed to not have to make anything like that until I got a recent Hyundais and use just plain nowhere underneath there to find a reasonable place to steal the pick the car up. I suspect I’ll be making them out of beer cans and tinfoil next.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Hockey puck with a slot. Or what i do. A piece of oak with a slot cut across the grain.

That's what I use with a 3 ton Sears floor jack and a HF 4 ton floor jack. The puck works great. If I need to get the puck a little higher I have a 3/4" plywood disk I cut to put under it. I also have a 3/4" plywood disk with carpet glued to it if I'm worried about scratching the chassis, pumpkin, or anything else for that matter with the metal cup on the jack.

I don't use anything. My jack has a rubber pad. I just put it under the pinch weld and jack it up. Haven't damaged a pinch weld yet.

Don

What about getting a hockey puck or round piece of wood for that matter, drill a hole for your pinch weld adapter, and then place it on the jack.

Originally Posted By: MI_Roger

1505.jpg

Thanks,
Where did you get this piece? I need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back