Maruyama 2 cycle oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced my Stihl BG55 blower with the Maruyama BL32. Should I stick with
a Maruyama Blue Shield 2 cycle oil? The BL32 is a good blower and I would to
use the best 2 cycle oil.

Nice blower. I was thinking about purchasing one prior to buying my Husqvarna 525BX. The primary reason I chose the Husky was parts sourcing long term. I understand you comment about wanting to use the best 2 cycle oil:

I would ONLY use certified JASO-FD oil in any 2 cycle equipment. If not JASO-FD, I wouldn't use it. This might make the Amsoil guys mad, since their 2 cycle stuff is not JASO-FD certified.

The Maruyama blue shield is JASO-FD certified and is a synthetic blend. If your looking for Full Synthetic 2 cycle oil, with JASO-FD rating, you could use VP Racing 2 cycle oil. I've been using this for a while. KLOTZ and MOTUL also make 2 cycle full synthetic oil, with JASO-FD ratings, but its pricey and harder to find. There are a lot of semi-synthetic 2 cycle oils with JASO-FD ratings, like Echo power blend, husky, red armor. I don't like the Sthil 2 cycle full synthetic oil, because it only carries a JASO-FC rating. It might be D rated, now but wasn't last year.

Bottom line, all the semi and full synthetic JASO-FD oils I listed are good, probably won't tell the difference between them, but I would strongly encourage you to stick with a JASO-FD oil. You will probably "void" the warranty if you claim you didn't in a warranty situation.

I would love to hear a write up of the good/bad about your blower with some pics. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Rab6715
Nice blower. I was thinking about purchasing one prior to buying my Husqvarna 525BX. The primary reason I chose the Husky was parts sourcing long term. I understand you comment about wanting to use the best 2 cycle oil:

I would ONLY use certified JASO-FD oil in any 2 cycle equipment. If not JASO-FD, I wouldn't use it. This might make the Amsoil guys mad, since their 2 cycle stuff is not JASO-FD certified.

The Maruyama blue shield is JASO-FD certified and is a synthetic blend. If your looking for Full Synthetic 2 cycle oil, with JASO-FD rating, you could use VP Racing 2 cycle oil. I've been using this for a while. KLOTZ and MOTUL also make 2 cycle full synthetic oil, with JASO-FD ratings, but its pricey and harder to find. There are a lot of semi-synthetic 2 cycle oils with JASO-FD ratings, like Echo power blend, husky, red armor. I don't like the Sthil 2 cycle full synthetic oil, because it only carries a JASO-FC rating. It might be D rated, now but wasn't last year.

Bottom line, all the semi and full synthetic JASO-FD oils I listed are good, probably won't tell the difference between them, but I would strongly encourage you to stick with a JASO-FD oil. You will probably "void" the warranty if you claim you didn't in a warranty situation.

I would love to hear a write up of the good/bad about your blower with some pics. Thanks.

I agree. I dont care what brand I use as long as its JASO-FD. THe Stihl HP ultra is now JASO FD.

For me it boils down to where I shop.
Walmart- VP
Home Depot- Echo
Lowes- Husvarna

From what i can tell the VP from Walmart is the bargain. Its in the Garden section..not in the oil aisle with the rest of the 2 cycle oil.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72

I agree. I dont care what brand I use as long as its JASO-FD. THe Stihl HP ultra is now JASO FD.

Walmart- VP
Home Depot- Echo
Lowes- Husvarna

From what i can tell the VP from Walmart is the bargain. Its in the Garden section..not in the oil aisle with the rest of the 2 cycle oil.

Agree. I usually pick up the VP from local Walmart for like $2 for 1 gallon 50:1 mix. Very cheap. I was going to try some MOTUL, but I can only get 1 quart volume on-line. It would take me 7 years to burn through that much 2 cycle mix. I feel better using fresh/sealed bottles.

The VP 2 gallon mix is on clearance at both my local walmarts. $2/2 gallon. I bought 6 or 7..should last me a couple of years i hope.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72

Walmart- VP
Home Depot- Echo
Lowes- Husvarna

poulan synthetic is jaso FD rated now and at walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back