kendall versatrans LV or valvoline maxlife-mazda3

Status
Not open for further replies.

swc

My vehicle is Mazda3 1.6AT 2012, china(4AT, FN4A-EL transmission same as Ford's 4F27E ),passed 60000Km,need to be change transmission fluid,oemd is Idemitsu TianJin china,with the 100cSt 7.3 and viscosity 196,but i want to change it to full-synthetic ,there are two choice, valvoline maxlife with the 100cSt 5.91 and kendall versatrans LV with the 100cSt 5.9,both of them has low viscosity and both of them not get Mazda approval( ATF M-V) ,so question is that if them fit for my car for warrried about the low viscosity , whom of them is the better full-synthetic, thank you!

I'd use either and I don't know if one is better than the other. Most if not all low viscosity ATF(5.9cSt) are synthetic. So, I am assuming that both are full synthetic. I use Castrol Full Synthetic Multi Vehicle ATF 100 degs/5.9cSt in our Mazda 3 automatic transmission.

thanks! For you used the ATF 100 degs/5.9cSt as well as the original,so i think both of them are fit for me,the price of them is almost the same in china.

welcome2.gif

Both the Kendall and Maxlife will work fine in your Maxlife
smile.gif

so,you mean i can use both of them?i would like to know who's better one?

Originally Posted By: swc
so,you mean i can use both of them?i would like to know who's better one?

I wouldn't say ones better than the other. Maxlife is usually cheaper and easier to source, however I see you're located in China. So I'm not sure as to which would be easier to get for you. If you can manage to source Redline d4 or Amsoil ATF they would be a better match for you. They have a viscosity rating closer to the OE fill with high quality group 4/5 basestocks. If not, either of those fluids would work perfectly fine for you!

I really feel you should reconsider the 5.9 cSt LV versions and endeavour to go for a KV@100 7.3ish, fully synthetic if you wish.

As like your OEM Idemitsu TianJin Mazda M-V fluid (or any other Mazda M-V fluids ) whose virgin kinematic viscosity at 100*C (KV@100*C) is 7.3 cSt or thereabout.

For all you know, the residual value of KV@100*C of your spent OEM fluid now may well above 5.9 cSt.

Hence potentially offering higher Minimum Oil Film Thickness (MOFT) throughout it's life span of 60,000 km usage and higher level of boundary lubrication components protection.

I don't think a Mazda tranny that isn't the new SkyActiv Drive isn't going to complain too much over fluid. Either should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back