Do you enjoy or do your own yard work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday Michigan had a 50+ degree day. This got me motivated to rake up my yard as many of my bushes and trees dropped leaves late. The yard looks great now and I have a feeling of accomplishment!

And I do enjoy yard work. The smell of cut grass is awesome.

Last edited:
My father loved yard work, but I despise it; I do it myself to save money for things that I DO enjoy.

I enjoy working in my garden and flower beds. As far as mowing, edging and cleaning up, I leave that to the lawn guys. Did my own for years, but not anymore.

I don't mind doing my own yard work. I keep my OPE in good condition especially the mower, unlike most of the so called lawn service people working in this area.

I don't mind doing it. 3/4 of my spring cleanup is already done due to the mild month we had. Much like doing most auto repair myself, I save money and know it's done right.

I have 5 acres to take care of, some days I don't feel like cutting the grass, other days I'm in the fields all day long

Last edited:
Totally enjoy doing my own yard work.About 10 years ago I did a total lawn renovation. Killed my old lawn and did a monostand elite Kentucky blue.After a one season battle to get it to fill in all I can say is WOW.By far the best lawn in the neighborhood. Also went to organic lawn fertilizer and the results are even more incredible.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
My father loved yard work, but I despise it; I do it myself to save money for things that I DO enjoy.

Same.

Sometimes it's the only exercise I get... that, and doing repetitive calisthetics crawling under the car and up again to get a tool, and repeating many times during the evening.

I don't mind it when it is cool. However, I am allergic to grass. So the half an hour that it takes to mow my front yard is enough to have a scratchy throat and headache for a few hours after. My yard was neglected by the previous owner and has been a complete project for the 8 years that we have lived in our house. What I do like to do is change the oil in my mower. We have a neighbor that spends at least an hour a day working outside of his house with his wife. He is about 85 years old and works far harder than I do at keeping my lawn in good shape. I have personally seen him pulling individual straws of grass and placing them into a plastic bag. That is what I would classify as OCD.

I love it. Every Saturday morning I fill up the gas can and grab 2x 24oz Landshark Lagers.

Then I'm outside all day weather permitting.

I still do my own yardwork but I don't know how much longer that will be the case with both of my knees needing replacement. Living in a mountain setting, maintenance is not easy. Although the area that has to be maintained isn't large by comparison to others, it does take a lot of time. Maintaining slopes and hills that can't be mowed with a lawn mower is tedious work.

I did, but as time goes on I enjoy it less and less. Could be because I have to do my Mom's property in addition to mine. Or maybe I'm just getting crotchety in my old age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back