Wix vs Champion Supertech Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using the now replaced Wix Supertech (PN 6607) in my two Mazdas. Is the new Champion made Supertech filter as good as or better than the Wix Supertech filter? I ask because I'm down to my last old filter and need to stock up again. I use a 5-6K mile OCI if it matters.

Originally Posted By: GaryMX5
I have been using the now replaced Wix Supertech (PN 6607) in my two Mazdas. Is the new Champion made Supertech filter as good as or better than the Wix Supertech filter? I ask because I'm down to my last old filter and need to stock up again. I use a 5-6K mile OCI if it matters.

I used Champ jobber filters for a while at a shop I used to work at and had issues with leaks on them. Napa is having their filter sale in March. Might want to stock up on some Napa Gold's.

Originally Posted By: GaryMX5

Use the new Fram Extra Guard. Buy them from RockAuto, if Walmart hasn't a fit for your Mazda.

Ecore filters are very decent.

Mercury marine filters are ecore and IMO, that's a harsher life than an auto filter.

Not a fan of Ecores and not a fan of shorty consolidated filters, either. For a cheap filter, get a Fram PH7317 (which has a silicone ADBV now, and they did not raise the price, either)

If you don't like Fram, go to Napa and get the Proselect 27356 (the Proselect filter is the same as the Wix-made ST, but Napa doesn't consolidate filters like Walmart does)

But for an application that common, there's no need to stock up and warehouse a bunch of old filters. Simply buy one right before oil change time, and have a fresh, recent-production filter. The PH7317 will always be available
smile.gif

Some of the new Super Tech filters, the ST10358 cartridge at least, are apparently Fram Extra Guards (US-made version)---at less than half the price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back