When was the Last Time You Used an Inch wrench ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably today. I live in a metric country working on metric vehicles...but still use a bit of SAE. I don't have 16mm spanners, so use a 5/8, don't have a 21mm, so use 13/16. I do have metric in other sizes, but will bring out3/4, 7/8, 15/16 etc because the tools may be a better fit for the job at hand. I keep my Whitworth stuff at home, and some of that gets used on metric as well.

All the time. Old things need worked on. Old things have standard fasteners. Granted I often reach for a metric socket first and if it fits good I use it, or then grab the corresponding metric wrench.

Replaced all the tap washers in my house last weekend.

But like Silk, if you own stuff other people ave worked on, the best fit is the best fit.

Originally Posted By: Silk
Probably today. I live in a metric country working on metric vehicles...but still use a bit of SAE. I don't have 16mm spanners, so use a 5/8, don't have a 21mm, so use 13/16. I do have metric in other sizes, but will bring out3/4, 7/8, 15/16 etc because the tools may be a better fit for the job at hand. I keep my Whitworth stuff at home, and some of that gets used on metric as well.

Handy to keep imperial spanners and sockets around for removing worn/rusty metric nuts along with a manchester screwdriver, though this is less of an issue in the last decade.

All the time.

All of my major woodworking machines use inch fasteners (tablesaw, drill press, jointer). Check out my signature. One of those is certainly NOT metric.

The tonneau cover I just put on the Tundra used all inch fasteners.

Last week. I had to change an injector in one of my Cat 3516s at work. 9/16 to remove the valve cover, 5/8 12 point to remove the rocker shaft and 5/8 six point to remove the injector hold down.

First time in quite a while though... Usually I work on bicycles. Metric everything.

Use English on my Boiler/ Oil burner all the time - I work on that more than anything. I can use either English or Metric on the Rogue drain plug since its 14MM ( a tight 9/16).

Most of fasteners at work are Phillips #1 or #2 fillister head.

Originally Posted By: A310
Every day.
smile.gif

+1,000

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back