Do you own an F150?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

Do you have this for your F150? If so, I would like to hear your opinions regarding this.

DiabloSport® - Predator 2 Tuner

I owned a 2002 Expedition Eddie Bauer with a 5.4L backed by a 4R100 with 3.55's in the pots. I've already given you my opinion regarding the value of tuning devices on your non-PI 4.6L.

Cant speak about that particular tuner however multiple friends with tuned VW's. From what I have seen over the years, made their car's pretty quick however long-term strain on the engine/transmission was usually a huge issue. I think if you want to tune your truck, you will have to beef up the engine/transmission components to handle the increased power.

My opinion is that I would not waste my time or money attempting to make a modular 4.6L Ford into a high(er) performance engine.

Actually I will. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Milkman
Please stop these posts.

Thank You.

I have seen your threads and know what you want to hear. Its great, wonderful and will make you truck like it has a blower on it and be lightning fast, a real rocket sled on rails. NOT!
On that engine it wont do much of anything let alone 20HP, open window, toss money out, you will get you about the same result.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
You'd be ahead to sell your 4.6 V8 truck and get something faster before dumping money in it.

Yes, truth

Originally Posted By: CT8
Keep it stock.

Yes, truth

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
My opinion is that I would not waste my time or money attempting to make a modular 4.6L Ford into a high(er) performance engine.

Yes, truth

Won't fit my 1993 F-150 4x4
laugh.gif

The problem with the 4.6 2V is head flow.
Swap on some 38cc Trick Flows heads, Mustang intake, then tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back