Grease for Telescopic/Tilt Screws Lexus LS430?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Tilt/Telescopic Motors are acting up on my '05 LS430. This is a problem area for this particular model. It appears a very inexpensive bushing (45768) will help with the tilt so I am gonna give it a try. I read in a bunch of write-ups where they are simply spraying white lithium grease on the gears for lubrication. I also read where the correct grease to use is "Lexus Lithium Disulfide Body Grease." Do any of you know what I should use to lubricate these gears?

If they have a specific grease, they probably have a good reason.

Otherwise I'd consider the Dow Molykote range.

Are the gears metal or plastic?

I imagine any No2 grease will likely do fine... lithium, aluminum, calcium, polyurea, etc... I'd probably only avoid moly or silicone.

The tilt/telescope gears use Toyota Body Grease W aka Molykote YM-103 grease which is $40-50 at the dealer for a 50g bottle. Appears to be a PAO-based grease thickened with PTFE. Molykote 33 is also used in plastic gears but that's a silicone-based lithium grease.

I'd feel better using the Molykote stuff. I used Tri-Flow PTFE bike grease when I did that repair on a older LS400 but that grease was too stiff for the job at hand.

https://www.chempoint.com/products/catalog/dow-corning/molykote-greases/molykote-pao-greases

Well, I just got my grease. Toyota part #08887-02007 or Molykote YM-102

$44 for 50 g. Only the finest of wheat....

FYI if you care as I realize most of you don't
grin.gif

Thanks nthach for steering me in the right direction!

Originally Posted By: nthach
The tilt/telescope gears use Toyota Body Grease W aka Molykote YM-103 grease which is $40-50 at the dealer for a 50g bottle. Appears to be a PAO-based grease thickened with PTFE. Molykote 33 is also used in plastic gears but that's a silicone-based lithium grease.

I'd feel better using the Molykote stuff. I used Tri-Flow PTFE bike grease when I did that repair on a older LS400 but that grease was too stiff for the job at hand.

https://www.chempoint.com/products/catalog/dow-corning/molykote-greases/molykote-pao-greases

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back