Purolator PL 20195 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was on a neighbors 1998 Mustang 3.8 V6. I don't know how many miles were on the previous OCI. My cousin volunteered an OCI to this unfortunate neighbors car. ST 5W30 and a MC FL-400S oil filter went back in/on the engine.
The ADBV had small cuts in it. NO TEARS in the filter media!

Date code says made before the age of the Tearolator. You getting into the C&P business now BOF? Photos look good - thanks.

BOF - good looking cut and post here.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Date code says made before the age of the Tearolator. You getting into the C&P business now BOF? Photos look good - thanks.

Z06, I think this is one of the oil filters an old member gave me a few years ago. We did an OCI on this Mustang about 3 years ago and I think this is that same OCI filter!
shocked.gif
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I still have a bunch of these laying around from when K-Mart was closing them out a while back, hopefully they'll do as well as this one did.

BW, can you please show me how to date check a code? Z06 and car51 showed me once before. I wrote it down, but lost the paper.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Yes and no.
A member here (I will check with him to see if I can use his name) and I have teamed up to help people in my complex, church, and surrounding area. There are those that can't afford 3 meals a day, let alone an oil change. So, until my business kicks in (which is tied up in paperwork and the EPA) I am going to help these people find someone in their family to perform the OCI. Myself and BITOG member X will provide the supplies.
Each OCI they do, I will C&P the oil filter with all of the vehicles history, if known.
smile.gif
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
So, this filter was made Dec. 30, 2013 or 1995? 2013 seems more likely, right?
Thanks Z06.
thumbsup2.gif

No yellow can PureOnes in 1995, so yeah 2013.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
This was on a neighbors 1998 Mustang 3.8 V6. I don't know how many miles were on the previous OCI. My cousin volunteered an OCI to this unfortunate neighbors car.

Dude..... this oil change interval obviously has low low low low low miles on it....

The oil & filter still look BRAND NEW!!

Originally Posted By: Linctex

I agree , looks like less than 1k Miles

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Originally Posted By: Linctex

I agree , looks like less than 1k Miles

The lady that owns the Mustang is in her late 60's. She has been through a lot of back surgeries. She was on my list of OCI's needed. I don't know.
21.gif

Awesome. I feed a homeless Navy vet each time I see him out getting fuel. Hooked him up with HD gloves and any spare clean clothes I cant wear. Glad your giving back to those with less.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Awesome. I feed a homeless Navy vet each time I see him out getting fuel. Hooked him up with HD gloves and any spare clean clothes I cant wear. Glad your giving back to those with less.

There is a BITOG member that started me down this road a few years ago; 2015_PSD.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back