Recommend a serpentine belt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,

My sister is bringing over her 08 Acura TL 3.2L this morning to have her oil changed. I noticed yesterday that when she left her serpentine belt is squealing. I personally think its the original belt from 08. What belt do use suggest for her?

Dale

On a Camry I had bad results with Bando and perfect results with Dayco.

Oops sorry poster above me who is a professional. I am relating my one time experience.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes

Oops sorry poster above me who is a professional. I am relating my one time experience.

Dayco Poly is a good belt, I just had some sizing issues with them on some Honda engines.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: goodtimes

Dayco Poly is a good belt, I just had some sizing issues with them on some Honda engines.

Dayco Poly is what I run on the Jeeps and they have been good. How much is the OEM for the Acura? If you look online you could probably find an OEM belt for a decent price. It lasted this long...

I think the biggest thing is the right length. On my Liberty, some have equal size tensioner and idler pullies, others on is bigger than the other. Either works, you just have to match the length. I got a Gates tensioner, so I got a Gates belt.

I used a Drive Rite on my truck and it's been fine. for about 10-15 bucks, it does it's job, no squeaks.

A 2008 should have had the timing belt replaced by now - those are due every 7 years or 100-110k. When the timing belt service was done, the external drive belts should have been replaced at the same time.

If a 2008 still has the original drive belts, it should raise a red flag for you.

For drive belts I only use dealer belts or Bando.

Newer belts are made from EPDM. So the difference from one to another is very minor at best. Buy the newest cheap belt you can find and worry about other things.

Also check out the idler pulley. Squeaking usually comes from that before the belt makes noise.

The nissan Murano i take care of is running a dayco belt (3 yr warranty)
My camry has been running a gates (3 yr warranty) belt, 30,000 miles so far...
Usually hot down here...and no problems from either!
Looking very good I think and no noise

Dayco+
Gates+

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
You won't go wrong with an OEM belt. I don't use anything but OEM belts for my Toyota.

I agree.

I always ordered OEM from the Honda Online Parts place up in MD. Or HANDA

Gates would be my second choice for Honda/Acura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back