Small Engine Additive Packages TDS please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys/girls,

Does anyone have a link to any TDS's for 4 Stroke additive packages at all?

I believe Infinium/Lubrizol & Afton make motorcycle oil additives but can't see a link to view/download the product data sheets?
These are probably for registered users/customers to view I know, but im just curious about treat rates etc.

If anyone has a copy of one that would be much appreciated!!

Regards

OilMonkey

Small engine oil lives a very easy life.

If blended specifically for small engines, there will be less additives than a good auto oil.

I don't know of any publicly available sheets out there. The treat rates are generally between 5% - 10% and vary based on a few different criteria:

- Additive company
- Specs it meets (API SG through SN and JASO MB through MA2)
- Additional specs, if any

Less additives than auto oils? Not in my experience. They usually meet the same specs as the auto oils and then some, unless you are referring to friction modifiers; in that case, yes they have less of those.

Same as HDEOs? Some probably are, but there are a lot of specific 4T small engine ones. HDEO DI packages usually have more antioxidant and TBN boosters than 4T engine DI packages at the very least.

If they develop the auto oil version and then run the clutch test to verify compatibility with wet clutches, it would make sense to not reinvent the wheel.

However, these companies usually have a lot of auto DI packages to choose from and maybe 1 to 3 4T small engine DI packages. So I think it is safe to assume that if they are rebadging an auto DI package for this use, the ones they pick to do so with are chosen because they are the ones best suited for the application.

Thank you for your input guys, I have spoken to Infinium and they have sent me a TDS for one of their 4T Additive Packages suitable for what i'm trying to achieve.

Really appreciate your time.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back