The new Champ ST9688 is fat like the 3593

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wix-made ST9688 was skinny like the 7317, but the new Champion version is the shorter fatter size like the 3593A

Also, the new Champ ST9688 is not an Ecore. It has the metal slotted center tube and the base plate has 5 holes in it.

Just like they used to be. I'm very surprised how much ink the "new" SuperTech filters are getting. They are the same filters as they were before Wix got the ST contract a couple of years ago. Except now they are in a different box and are painted blue instead of black.

Really nothing new here.

So if I finally dissect the ST3593 I took off several years ago, that will be relevant again? Without taking it apart yet, I can tell the anti-drainback valve is no good. It was the only SuperTech filter I ever bought, and I left it on more miles than any other one (roughly 21K, I think).

As noted, no real surprise here. The Wix 'made for Walmart' ST9688 was unique in that it consolidated the 9688/3593a application size into the 7317 size. (better than the shorty 6607 used by quick lubes). Hadn't seen the new ST 9688 in person yet, but being similar to/same as the current AZ STP blue line, the equivalent S2808 is also classic metal endcap construction with clicker bypass design. It may be the largest non ecore, non combo valve filter in the new ST line.

My speculation is very similar if not identical to the STP S2808 pics linked below, courtesy 2015_PSD.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2558466

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back