Air Compressor troubleshooting help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Industrial Air ILA1883054 from https://bestaircompressorstore.com/indus...pressor-store/. I purchased it about eight months ago. It is 30-Gallon Belt Driven Industrial Air Compressor. This affordable compressor gives me 155 psi of max pressure and 5.7 CFM at 90 psi & 7 CFM at 40 psi. Average I run it 4 hours a day. But nowadays It automatically shuts off after running of 10-15 munites. I faced this problem about from last four days. Can anyone help me to better solve?

Thanks

Last edited:
Do you drain the water from the tank periodically? It's oil free, so no need to worry about the oil level.

What does the owners manual say?

Why would you be running it for 15 minutes straight? Normal sound since it’s a high-quality unit that it’s got some kind of a heat sensor. Better look that one up in the book. Sounds like you might have to add a little more volume dear system with a separate tank to get the Air you’re looking for.

Just a thought, does the motor have an integrated cooling fan that may have broken? If it's rated for 100% duty, then I'm thinking either the fan isn't working, or the thermal cutout is tripping prematurely. Another possibility is a faulty pressure switch whose contacts are failing.

Low input voltage. Measure voltage at the motor while running. These machines work much better on a 240 volt line.
Also measure the current. If too high (and voltage OK) it could be a bad run capacitor or internal motor fault.
If current is normal but it keeps tripping, protector may be worn out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave123
Are you trying to run this unit 100% duty cycle??

No, I don't try. Will I try?

Originally Posted By: mk378
Low input voltage. Measure voltage at the motor while running. These machines work much better on a 240 volt line.
Also measure the current. If too high (and voltage OK) it could be a bad run capacitor or internal motor fault.
If current is normal but it keeps tripping, protector may be worn out.

Hey guys, You say right the Low input voltage. Now the Problem is solved.
Thank you

Thank you everyone
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back