So I bought a car. Pics inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a follow up to my few other threads about looking for cars. I don't know exactly how it happened. I went to the dealer looking for the 2006 Grand Prix GT (It was just sold this morning) and somehow I took home a 2012 Chevy Cruze 2LT 1.4 turbo. It's got about 50k on the odometer.

They tried to stick me in a 2008 Caravan, 2010 Taurus and a Ford Flex, but the Cruze had the lowest mileage and was the nicest, they just took it in the same day on a trade in towards a new F150. I had to wait while they cleaned it up and they even gave me a full tank of gas.

Engine bay will need a cleaning but I'll share the pictures.

Looks great! Those are great for tall people, for the front seats. I test drove one once and the front seats went realllly far back, i usually have seats scooted all the way back in cars but not the one I test drove.

Beautiful !
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
A heck of a lot better than the Taurus...

I dunno.... the newer model Taurii (less than 10 years old) are really nicely made cars.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
This is just a follow up to my few other threads about looking for cars. I don't know exactly how it happened. I went to the dealer looking for the 2006 Grand Prix GT (It was just sold this morning) and somehow I took home a 2012 Chevy Cruze 2LT 1.4 turbo. It's got about 50k on the odometer.

They tried to stick me in a 2008 Caravan, 2010 Taurus and a Ford Flex, but the Cruze had the lowest mileage and was the nicest, they just took it in the same day on a trade in towards a new F150. I had to wait while they cleaned it up and they even gave me a full tank of gas.

Engine bay will need a cleaning but I'll share the pictures.

They are easy on gas, hard on oil, and real hard on ATF.
If you have no record of ATF drain … just do it … that first drain might look like used motor oil. Mine takes 10mm for engine oil … get a good six point wrench … they have an over sized flange and folks over torque and a 12 point can round the head.
The ATF should be 11mm … it’s more of an NPT thread. Mine drains 4 quarts Dex VI on my ramps. I’d buy 6 quarts and then measure what you drain …

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Looks nice! A heck of a lot better than the Taurus or Galant!

+1 Good luck to you with it!

By seeing it before it was cleaned you could get a good idea of how it had been kept by previous owner. Engine looks fairly clean too. Enjoy.

Always used one of two A3,B3 oils in the family's turbos.
Mobil1 0W-40 European Formula or
Castrol 0W-30 European Formula

I'm sure they are what your engine requires too.

If there are other oils suitable for turbos, please post 'em.

Best of luck. No drunk driving. No picking up hitch-hikers carrying bloody gardening tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back