Do you know that fruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be running on it for a few weeks from now
smile.gif

Dragon fruit, also come with a white flesh with black seeds, same exterior.

Dragonfruit. Looks pretty but completely tasteless! A complete waste of time as far as I'm concerned...

I am working in Vietnam this week and had some for breakfast. Very bland, the passionfruit had a much more zippy taste. Hope to try some jackfruit while I am here.

Dragon Fruit or pitahaya, you can get them in most fruit shops around here. Not much taste.

I prefer a Rambutan, had a few the other day.

Purple dragonfruit, also comes in other colors such as white and yellow.

6.99/lb here

Tastes like /nothing/dirt to me.

A few pieces to liven up some fruit salad is ok though.

The taste is subtle. Not bad but if you prefer flavor the citrus fruits will be your choice. Dragon fruit supposedly has a lot of nutritional benefits. I’ve had in on the airplane as well as on the ground. Tastes the same.

My preference is fresh pineapple from Mindanao. It has a nice vanilla essence that makes it sweet. Delmonte has some plantations down there that are bigger than most cities and maybe smaller states. Mango is another favorite though my fruit eating is limited these days.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I assume it grows on the island? Fresh fruit is always better I find. Enjoy!

Yes, my brother grows them. Pineapple too. No added chemicals, just finely prepped manure.

It’s funny, I started to eat one dragonfruit per day and immediately felt some good benefits... for me. For instance I don’t know how but it almost completely regulated my bulimia, and I sleep better and wake up early feeling good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back