Any current Edge 0W20 users here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search here and all it came up with was Edge 5W20. I haven't used Edge since Walmart discontinued the 10W40. Anyone here use it,and how do you like it?

Originally Posted By: car51
I used it 2 tikes in my 11' focus without issues before some punk kid totalled it for ke

Aw man! I'd forgotten about your accident. I know you were [censored] off!

As far as users of Edge 0W-20 goes, I'm one.

It's used in a 2010 Honda Accord 4 cyl (neighbor's car) and sister's 2012 Mazda3i Touring.

I hadn't heard of car51's poor Focus but I offer my condolences.

I noticed that Walmart is selling 5 quart jugs of Edge 0w20 for only $19 right now in case anyone is considering this oil.

I used it for about 1 year/ 9k miles last year, posted a UOA about it a couple of months ago, everything was fine in our camry.

IDK if it helps but I use the Edge 5w30 in the 05. Really quiet on cold start ups especially. Good Stuff.

Problem with Castrol in general is that BP doesn't offer MIRs very often so Edge ends up looking pretty costly as compared to M1 or PP.
Catch it on clearance or get it for free as that one lucky devil did and it's then a good deal.
Nothing wrong with the oil, but the last Edge I used was gold bottle 5W-30 in my old '99 Accord.
I did used to use GC in both that car and the '97 Accord we had at the time, along with a number of runs of PP and M1 AFE.
I'd consider Edge to be the equal of M1 or PP.

I've used it for one oil change. It was good oil. The UOA was no better or worse than what I've gotten from M1 or PP. The engine ran no quieter or louder. The only reason I haven't used it again since then is because I can get rebates on M1 and PP, but haven't seen any offers from Castrol. If it protected my engine any better, I wouldn't have a problem paying the difference. But I didn't see any evidence of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back